dying hair

aghh

Reaction score
hiya, it might seem a silly question but my hair is quite blonde and a few friends have been saying i shouldnt dye it when im pregnant, does anyone know if its safe to or not?x

hey, i put a non amonia colour in my hair when i was 11 or 12 weeks, i asked my hairdresser when i was in getting my hair cut and she said that pregnant women come in and get their hair coloured all the time with amonia or non amonia, she said its a personal choice and that the whole "dont colour when your pregnant" thing is just an old wives tale xx

I've colored my hair with each of my pregnancies. No problems at all.

yeah its fine, the colour is only on your hair/scalp for a short time.

I just coloured mine the other week. No problems. Just make sure the bathroom window is open so your getting plenty fresh air in too.

I have coloured mine twice so far this pregnancy, the most recent one only a week ago. The first time at 10 weeks.

That is with a permanent dye with ammonia. The only advice I would give is make sure the room is well ventilated if you DIY... the ammonia is MUCH stronger during pregnancy than it was before!

Oo ooo i read this in my pregnancy books its ok! just tell your hairdresser you are pregnant they will have to use a different dye!!

Make sure your room is WELL ventilated. If you have to step into another room to dye, do that. It's mostly just the smell everyone says "Don't do it", but the chemicals in the dye will not harm your baby! Hope this helps!

My hair stylist said it's not like it used to be and the dye used now is safe. She even said she had a regular client, a doctor, who came in regularly to get her hair coloured. I think I'll be colouring my hair in about two weeks...out with the blonde, in with the brown :)

Being a trained hairdresser, colouring your hair is absolutely fine, all i would say is that your scalp/skin is a lot more sensitive in pregnancy so if in doubt, definitely do a skin test. Personally, I have very sensitive skin so everything has been making my skin break out so I am avoiding colouring mine for now but might be more tempted at christmas to look nice for photos :)

thankyou everyone, its helped me loads:) xxxx

Ive been dyeing my hair all the time, i was blonde and ive been bleaching it all the way through, i only just decided to go dark and i done it a few days ago! i dont think it matters if u dye your hair, the only thing ive heard is that if u have a perm the curls wont stay in!

xxxx

hiya, ive been dying my hair throughout my pregnancy and evreything is fine my hairdresser said as long as your past 12 weeks you should be fine x

It should be fine, I dyed mine, I waited until I was 12 weeks.

I was told by my preg consultant that I was fine to dye my hair - especially after 12 weeks. She didnt give me any warning about one type being dangerous compared to any other.

i went for it back then and dyed my hair - bubba is happy and well :) Go for it!xx

Oh I jsut want to add, the development time to ligten my hair was much faster, so keep any eye on your roots, check them regularly to see how they are lightening.

And you might need a toner, i put a toner over mine and it worked out just perfect. xx

Let us know how you get on!

Hey, I bleach my hair (Straight onto the root) and have a similar colour to yours. I waiting until about 14weeks to dye - but only because I felt too sick to stand the smell!

1 think I would say is that it stayed a little bit more yellow than usual (I call this cheese hair). Usually to get rid of the cheese hair I use a purple shampoo. Usually takes a couple of days but mine took a little bit longer. I should have invested in some toner really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->