Dying Your hair?

T

turbo_mom

Hey all

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to dye your hair while you're pregnant. Some people have said there are chemicals in the dye that could harm the baby and some say that it's perfectly fine. So can I go in and get something done or should I stay away??

Hi hun

You can dye your hair yes ... I created a thread wondering teh same some time ago so you may find some of the answers useful :headspin:

https://www.babyandbump.com/showthread.php?t=719

Id say it's your own decision. Some hairdressers say yes, others say no, some say don't do it in the first few months, others say don't do it in the last few months.. pretty confusing.

Dye doesn't always go the colour you expect it to when you're pregnant though, so be aware of that.

Hope that helps.

Bleach in foils and you should be fine

xxx

Well I had my hair done yesterday. I called a hotline that said it's ok to use colors on your hair depending on whats in the dye. I just had highlights with foils so the dye didn't touch the roots. So highlights are ok. But dying all of your hair or bleaching it down to the roots isn't good. So it looks like all i'm getting for a while is foils!!!

Pics will be up when I find my camera software.. I cant download the pics without it :( I wanted to put bump pics up too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->