Ear Rings?

ab2401

Reaction score
So what does everyone think about having their little ones ears pierced?

If you have done it for your little girl what age did you have it done at?

I'm interested but I'm not sure.

Nicole is nearly 5 and wants to have hers pierced, ive said she'll have to wait until the summer when the schools are on holiday for 6wks.

Personally i wouldnt get my babies ears pierced and would rather wait until they can say if they want them done. But thats just me.

yeah I had to wait till I was 8 years old and now in almost 20 and I have 14 in my ears and tons everywhere else. :rofl:

I was thinking about having Rylees done, but I'm not sure.

I think little babies with them look just so cute! but I'm not sure what age they can have them done at and I'm also not sure its something I really want to put her though.

As far as I know, any time after 3 months is fine. At least that is what they suggest here.

Personaly i don't like little ones with earrings
Emily wanted hers done when she was 5 but dad said no and if she still wanted them done when she was 8 then fine
She had them done and novelty has worn of now :roll:

Personally i would never get my baby's ears pierced..i'd feel guilty about it for one thing and i think that they should have the right to choose for themselves when they're old enough. I was 9 when my mum allowed me to have mine done. I don't think a tiny baby should have to have unnecessary pain just to look cute or fashionable, babies are not fashion accessories. Why not just let her decide if she wants her ears pierced for herself when she's able to decide? Keep her as a baby instead of forcing her to become a little girl so soon and enjoy it :) that's just my own personal opinion. Its up to you xx

Sammi you took the words right out of my mouth. I dont like little ones with their ears peirced either. As you say they are not a fashion accessorie also I think it looks kind of hawkerish.. or chavish. Once Olivia asks me depending on her age is when I would possibly concider

x

I think they should be allowed to choose them selves when they are older.
I really dont like babies or toddlers with pierced ears, personally i think it looks tacky. Saw a 2 yr old boy with one pierced ear the other day and it just looked wrong!

My personal opinion is that it's wrong to do something like that to a baby. I wouldn't put mine through the pain of having it done, nor the possible complications like infection or the earring getting caught on something and ripped out. I don't think babies need to have things like that done to them, they're so cute already!

yup, definatelly looks tacky and chavish! forgot to add lol x

Yeah, I can see where all of you are coming from and before any pass judgment on me I still am not sure if thats something I would do.

Like I said with little girls I do think its cute but I still don't know if its something I would want to do but on the other side I don't see how it could be any different the circumcision. Other then the health benefits its something that people can live with out and had for many or many years.

I just know I hated my mother for making me wait until I was 8.

I would say it's very different from circumcision, one because the latter is under entirely different circumstances (religious), it is even more painful and cannot be reversed....

BUT. For safety reasons I would never do it. Babies and young infants are endlessly tumbling about, in anything and everything. It could be easily ripped out.

My opinion I don't like it, and I would never put a child through pain just to look 'cute', even though personally I think it looks vile.

I agree they are a danger because of the risk of being riped out, I agree there.

How ever not all circumcisions are done for religious reason, I would think that more are done now days because its more pleasing later on in life.
(not just sexually)

My sister just had a little boy had him circumcised just because thats what you do with little boys, I guess I really didn't ask her why she had it done but I do know my family is not religious what so ever, so I do know it wasn't because of that.

But either way, Thank you all for your opinions it has made for a very interesting afternoon. :hugs:

Should have put an 'E.g'.....

It's more common in the US, than here in the UK.... So don't really know it for social reasons, but have read things. It does seem rather strange though.... think I read something about that it maybe done routinely with boys?

I don't like to see babies with pierced ears, I think it looks common and/or chavvy.. any jewellery for that matter. When I went to the baby clinic where I used to live (was staying at my mums flat) there was a baby no more than 6-7 months old with 2 chains on and her ears pierced, I thought it looked terrible.

I think I was about 11-12 when I had mine done and I had wanted them pierced for years. I will wait until Bethanie can tell me if she wants them done or not though.

My daughter doesn't have her ears pierced and I would rather wait until she is old enough. I wasn't allowed to have my done until I was 12 and it was a very special moment for me. I want that for my daughter.

My stepkids had theirs done when they were very young and they certainly did not take care of them.

I'd rather give my daughter the choice :)

I'm not sure what "E.g" means HAHA I'm just now learning the fourm talk... if thats what it is.

Yeah I guess its all goes on where you live because both circumcision and ear piercing is common here in the US.... I didn't even think of that.

E.g just means "for example", in England we use it in everyday language by the way, not just forum speak. Not sure how it is in the USA though. ;)

i have no problem with children with ear piercings but i personally will wait until they say they want it dun. i do think it looks cute tho!

I think it is a personal decision on wether or not you choose to pierce your childs ears. Some choose to wait until they are old enough and other choose to do it while they are a baby. My parents waited until I was 6 and it scared me to death! I got one done and left until I was 10! Then they finally talked me into it. With my girls I did theirs when they were 5 and 6 months old. They have never had any trouble with them. They are now 16 and 19 years old and I did take them for their second holes and their cartlidge done and they did just fine at 12 for the second holes and 15 for the cartlidge. But that was my experience with piercings. I think it is a totally personal decision between you and your spouse. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->