Early 30s TTC#2

readyORnot

widowed mother of 2
Reaction score
Hi!

It's quite difficult to know whether to join an existing group or start a new one, but since most groups I can relate to seem to be about 3,000-8,000 posts in I decided to try a new one and see if I pick up other newcomers.

As you might gather from the thread title I'm early 30s (32 to be specific) and about to start ttc #2.
My son is about 4
¾ months.
My husband is 39 and ideally we want 4 children (or more!) so we don't have too much time to dilly dally!

All welcome to join, best of luck to everyone!:flower:

bit more about me:
We were
very lucky and conceived #1 relatively quickly. We are unaware of any fertility issues we may or may not have but I had a myomectomy in 2011 (removal of fibroids) and 6 new fibroids (large) have since been discovered, which may interfere with implantation:wacko:.

This time around I'm doing the following: opks, temping (if I can ever remember to), honey&cinnamon, and I'll continue taking prenatal vitamins which I'm still taking since having my son. My hubby and I are often apart but when we're together we tend to BD daily so we'll definitely be doing that!

if you dont mind me joining im here lol, im 27, with jaycob who is 15 months, we are going to start ttc sometime in december when i get my implant out.

jaycob was concieved on the pill cerezette lol,

i want to do the whole opk stuff but i have no idea where to start so ill be researching soon, but my only problem is since starting my period at 18 i have never been regular, could have a year break or be on for 2 months so dont really no how to start with the opks,

sprinkling some dust on all ttc, exciting

:hi: welcome emzeebob!

I'm from London but spend some of my time in Grenada with a view to moving there permanently in about 14 months if all goes to plan.

Good luck with everything! I'm new to OPKs as well - actually I just peed on my first ever OPK today! I want to do one every day from now on and do comparisons to see if I'm actually ovulating since I'm still exclusively breastfeeding and only 4¾ months post partum.

Then if AF comes I'll just do the OPKs daily from about CD5 until I ovulate (I believe I used to ov around CD9)!

ok so i havent started my research yet but whats cd5 etc,

i really hope my periods settle enough for me to do them, are they expensive ive heard you can buy job lots from internet some where

I'm 30 and my son is 10... YEARS! Lol. I just remarried and we are TTC now. I have PCOS, which has kept me from ovulating regularly, so I have to take Clomid on days 3-7 to ovulate. This is the first cycle I ovulated! I have been temping this cycle for the first time also. And I did an OPK too, but I think I will do those in the future starting on cycle day (CD) 12 or so, now that I know when I'll ovulate due to Clomid. I keep saying, I can pinpoint every thing that happens in my cycle, but conception is still in God's hands. I'm just trying to improve the odds. :)

:hi: hi Samanthap!

Woohoo for ovulation!:happydance:
You're right, at the end of the day it's out of our hands but definitely no harm in puuting things in place to increase our chances!

ok so i havent started my research yet but whats cd5 etc,

i really hope my periods settle enough for me to do them, are they expensive ive heard you can buy job lots from internet some where

CD = cycle day

I just bought a pack of 50 opks off amazon for about 7 quid. You can also get a pack of 20 opks, 10hpts (home pregnancy tests) + a bbt (basal body temp thermometer) for about the same.

Just in case you're unsure AF = aunt flo = period!

I honestly don't know exactly what day I O'd. I'm anywhere from 4-6 dpo today, had a slight dip in temp today. I feel like I'm analyzing every little thing. Still have to wait a little longer to test though.

Hiya all, hope you dont mind me joining? Im 32 and have a lil boy whos 16months. DH and I have been trying since Nov last year and Im due to start my 7th cycle of clomid 150mg with ovitrelle after taking a short break. Im planning on using opk's too, I cant do my temp cos I work weird shifts that are all over the place. Really looking forward to chatting with people at a similar stage to me :)

How r u all getting on? x

:hugs:

:hi: hi Plex! Welcome!

Samanthap you could be 10dpo! Any hopeful signs yet?

emzeebob, did you order some opks?

as for me
, I keep forgetting to poas (pee on a stick):dohh: - I'm going to put a reminder in my phone.

I can't believe I'm exactly a week from arriving in Grenada to start ttc!

havent had chance to even look where to buy them yet, but i have booked in at my drs to get my implant taken out, 2 weeks time eek very excited

hiya everyone :) hope ur all doing ok? Im waiting for af to show then I can start my next cycle :) x

havent had chance to even look where to buy them yet, but i have booked in at my drs to get my implant taken out, 2 weeks time eek very excited
is it out yet?

We officially started ttc last Saturday!

Hi Girls

I'm Angie - can i join you
I'm 33 and ttc our 2nd - i have a 16 month old and we are now on our 5th cycle of trying. I'm doing opks and temping and chucking loads of vitamins down hubbys throat :haha:
Nice to see people of a simular age :hi:

xxx

Hiya Angie :)
gl4 this round!
Hey Readyornot - gl4 ur first round2 - r u taking any supplements/charting etc?
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->