Early Bird Swift Yes-ish, Clear Blue Standard No

MagicMonana

Reaction score
Can someone cast an experienced eye on this and give me some good news....

One BFN, One Chemical. This is IVF embryo transfer number 3 with none left in the freezer. Had maybe an implantation bleed day 5 post day 5 embryo transfer with mild cramping, nil since. Tested on day 7 which was yesterday. Negative after 3 minutes but when i looked later I saw a faint line. It's an Early Bird Swift HPT.

So today tested again with a Clear Blue standard - Not an early detection or digital one and there was no cross, just a straight line so negative.

To us it looks like a pink very faint line in the attached picture from yesterday with no evidence of flooding and not grey like an evap line. The negative Clear Blue was disappointing but I'm not sure what level of HCG it can detect relative to the Early Bird.

I don't know.. any thoughts?

Screenshot_20230920_233403_Gallery.jpg

For sure bfp, congratulations!
Thanks! I really hope so. The initial result of the test was negative and only went positive after some time but I'm not sure how long. And then the negative test today. Really not sure what to think. The serum hcg test is being taken on Friday. Probably going to get another test tomorrow

I'd call it an evap if it's after the time frame unfortunately. Hopefully it was just too early for the clearblue

Did a Boots early one today. Supposed to be accurate over 10miu so should be clear. At about 3 minutes the faintest of lines came up. It's super faint and maybe pink, but I would think it should be more prominent by now :(

Screenshot_20230921_123413_Gallery.jpg

That photo came out crap but you can maybe see at the bottom a little bit of the pink line. It's clearer in person. But it's a cheap Boots test so idk

They look positive to me! But the evap lines on sone of these tests have been super convincing lately. Keep us updated and hoping this is your real bfp!

The boots one definitely has a line!! I found them very reliable, definitely not as sensitive as they claim to be, but I have never had an evap or indent with them and have used them a lot recently, as frers are now not available hardly anywhere in the uk

Ordinary clearblue are 25, I'm pretty sure. I think this is early bfp. Fingers crossed!!!

Did a LloydsPharmacy early one just now. A line appeared quite quickly, but again very faint. I think I read somewhere that in order to get your post ovulation day you take the transfer day - d9 and add the embryo age - 5d embryo.

So these results are 14dpo. Should there be a more significant line? Last time our serum hcg was 500 on 15dpo, but our line that morning was very faint also.

This time tomorrow we'll know the result of the serum but i can't help speculating.

Looks positive to me! Best of luck with your blood draw.

Those are all totally positive!!! Evaps don't have color to them, so no worries there, they all have color!!!

Not good news today. Blood hcg was 17 today. I did another boots early test this morning and the line was must stronger and then i did a clear blue regular and got a faint positive on that.

The blood test this morning though at 17 is pretty crushing. They're going to repeat on Monday but i suppose it looks like a chemical pregnancy again.

My only hope is that the hcg has just started to rise late and given that the positives have gotten stronger over the past 24 hours and now the clear blue is positive when it wasn't 2 days ago, it might be that it's a late developer. The blood test was 11d post d5 blastocyst transfer, instead of 14.

We're crushed. Any hope?

These are the two early boots tests. The one from yesterday and the one from today. The levels are clearly rising, so maybe they're about to skyrocket...

Screenshot_20230922_152159_Gallery.jpg

Of course there's hope! The HCG levels in early pregnancy have a huge and I mean huge range. 17 just means that your pregnancy just started and it's probably what you suspect where you implanted later. Also don't compare fmu, some women fmu is horrible and they have a much better time testing later in the day. If you're one of those people it probably be best if you tested later in the day and then compared the test with another test that was also taken later in the day and not with fmu.

Also remember to give your HCG levels time. I believe the rule of thumb is as long as they double every 48 to 72 hours, then there would be nothing to be concerned about as far as that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->