Early Bird Swift Yes-ish, Clear Blue Standard No

Also remember to give your HCG levels time. I believe the rule of thumb is as long as they double every 48 to 72 hours, then there would be nothing to be concerned about as far as that goes.

Thanks so much. I really hope you're right, but I've been reading forums all over the internet and it seems like we're on the wrong side of the actuarial tables, but there are cases where someone will have a low initial hcg and go on to have a normal pregnancy.

Our consultant had said that we would want the first beta hcg to be over 100 and less than that is bad news. And later implantations lead to pregnancies with less good outcomes.

I want to be realistic, but I can't help but read the stories about people who get low initial beta hcgs and go on to have healthy babies. Most of the threads I've come across though start like mine asking for hope for their low hcg and finish with sadness.

It's possible. We have hpts with increasingly strong positive lines. Hcg can increase exponentially. Watch this space :)

Also we are going to try to track the hpt lines even though it's pointless. Can't help it

With my first my beta was low and they were concerned I was going to miscarry. She’s now almost 8! Don’t lose hope! It has to start somewhere.

Thanks everyone. We're really preparing for a bad result tomorrow. I've read so much online, but there's next to no stories of a 11dp5dt beta hcg of <25 resulting in a healthy pregnancy. From what I've seen, the doubling rate is the important factor for a natural conception, but given that there is such control over FET, a low number like this is not down to ovulating later etc. Although there is talk of frozen embryos taking longer to implant.

I hate that sometimes I feel hopeful when I know that the chances are so low of success. One study showed that if we can get the hcg between 50 and 100 by tomorrow, there's a 4% chance of live birth. 100-300 would give a 25% chance. 17 to 100 in 72 hours would be a quite the doubling rate.

We did a FMU Early Boots test 24 hours after a previous one and it was about the same level of darkness, so we've stopped doing them.

I'll update tomorrow. I just really hope it's not an ectopic.

Thanks everyone. We're really preparing for a bad result tomorrow. I've read so much online, but there's next to no stories of a 11dp5dt beta hcg of <25 resulting in a healthy pregnancy. From what I've seen, the doubling rate is the important factor for a natural conception, but given that there is such control over FET, a low number like this is not down to ovulating later etc. Although there is talk of frozen embryos taking longer to implant.

I hate that sometimes I feel hopeful when I know that the chances are so low of success. One study showed that if we can get the hcg between 50 and 100 by tomorrow, there's a 4% chance of live birth. 100-300 would give a 25% chance. 17 to 100 in 72 hours would be a quite the doubling rate.

We did a FMU Early Boots test 24 hours after a previous one and it was about the same level of darkness, so we've stopped doing them.

I'll update tomorrow. I just really hope it's not an ectopic.

Thinking of you :hugs:

Today's beta hct is 26. 14dp5dt

Going to repeat on Wednesday. Still have to keep taking the medications which seems like cruel defensive medicine.

Nurse on the phone was very realistic and said a low slow growing hcg like this would be concerning for an ectopic.

Today's beta hct is 26. 14dp5dt

Going to repeat on Wednesday. Still have to keep taking the medications which seems like cruel defensive medicine.

Nurse on the phone was very realistic and said a low slow growing hcg like this would be concerning for an ectopic.
I hope it's just a slow start and things turn out okay for you!

Up to 48 today. Still well below where we should be but almost doubled from 26 in 48 hours. Have to keep taking all the medications. Scan in 8 days which would be 6 weeks or 6+1 and probably another HCG.

In complete limbo now for another 8 days. Just really hope it's not ectopic.

Up to 48 today. Still well below where we should be but almost doubled from 26 in 48 hours. Have to keep taking all the medications. Scan in 8 days which would be 6 weeks or 6+1 and probably another HCG.

In complete limbo now for another 8 days. Just really hope it's not ectopic.
That's a great sign it doubled, gl at scan in 8 days :hugs:

Hope the wait passes quickly but good news that it's doubled!

Two Boots Early tests two days apart. The line continues to get darker and we're now 20 days post transfer. I'm starting to have hope. Which is frightening because I feel like I'm being set up for huge disappointment. Almost safer to just expect the worst. If we were just going on the basis of the HPTs I would just be going for a scan on Thursday and wouldn't know anything other than that. I would nearly prefer if the fertility clinic didn't do Beta HCGs at all.

Darker line is good though :)

20231001_024124.jpg

Two Boots Early tests two days apart. The line continues to get darker and we're now 20 days post transfer. I'm starting to have hope. Which is frightening because I feel like I'm being set up for huge disappointment. Almost safer to just expect the worst. If we were just going on the basis of the HPTs I would just be going for a scan on Thursday and wouldn't know anything other than that. I would nearly prefer if the fertility clinic didn't do Beta HCGs at all.

Darker line is good though :)

View attachment 1117103
That looks much darker than before and a very good sign! I really hope you get good news at the ultrasound on thursday!

HCG yesterday 260 at 6+1 so that's doubling every 3.3 days since the last one.

US today in the EPU showed a tiny yolk sac with a small embryo in it measuring 4/5 weeks. Because we're FET and there's no ambiguity over our dates being 6+2, we were told there is essentially no chance.

I have to keep taking the progesterone and they're going to repeat the scan next week. I'm glad it's not an ectopic but this is torture.

HCG yesterday 260 at 6+1 so that's doubling every 3.3 days since the last one.

US today in the EPU showed a tiny yolk sac with a small embryo in it measuring 4/5 weeks. Because we're FET and there's no ambiguity over our dates being 6+2, we were told there is essentially no chance.

I have to keep taking the progesterone and they're going to repeat the scan next week. I'm glad it's not an ectopic but this is torture.
Okay maybe I'm grasping at straws but is there a chance you DTD around the time you would have ovulated and you're not pregnant from the fet but naturally?

Okay maybe I'm grasping at straws but is there a chance you DTD around the time you would have ovulated and you're not pregnant from the fet but naturally?

Unfortunately not. Thanks for the replies and trying to offer hope. Hope has sort of made the weeks of waiting easier. All the while being quite certain we're looking for a miracle.

We'll keep hoping for a miracle and that the embryo catches up, although I can't find any success stories for our situation.

Praying for a good outcome. I’m sorry you have to go through all this and be in limbo. ::hugs::

Unfortunately not. Thanks for the replies and trying to offer hope. Hope has sort of made the weeks of waiting easier. All the while being quite certain we're looking for a miracle.

We'll keep hoping for a miracle and that the embryo catches up, although I can't find any success stories for our situation.
:hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->