early dating scan news!!!

emma608

Reaction score
So I had my early dating scan today and I'm very happy as baby (blob) lol is all good and a good clear heartbeat was seen. I am now officially 7 weeks 2 days. So baby #3 is due 14th November. :)
Now the confusing bit is another blob was visible... Midwife said it could either be another baby but hasn't survived or heartbeat couldn't be seen as could be hiding or could just be too early??
Or could just be a simple blob!? Lol
In my notes it says possible second fetus with possible dividing membrane, anyone know what this means?
Baby with heartbeat measures 11mm and confusing blob is 7mm
I'm booked in for another scan in 2 weeks once things have got a bit bigger so can see more clearly what's going on in there.
Twins isn't in either of our families so was very shocked to hear this but for some reason I had an inkling it was twins - how I have no idea lol
Now I'm over the moon the baby is fine and has a good clear heartbeat but can't help thinking of what this other blob is? Has anyone else ever been in the same or similar situation as me?
Sorry to ramble and sorry for the questions lol x x

So I had my early dating scan today and I'm very happy as baby (blob) lol is all good and a good clear heartbeat was seen. I am now officially 7 weeks 2 days. So baby #3 is due 14th November. :)
Now the confusing bit is another blob was visible... Midwife said it could either be another baby but hasn't survived or heartbeat couldn't be seen as could be hiding or could just be too early??
Or could just be a simple blob!? Lol
In my notes it says possible second fetus with possible dividing membrane, anyone know what this means?
Baby with heartbeat measures 11mm and confusing blob is 7mm
I'm booked in for another scan in 2 weeks once things have got a bit bigger so can see more clearly what's going on in there.
Twins isn't in either of our families so was very shocked to hear this but for some reason I had an inkling it was twins - how I have no idea lol
Now I'm over the moon the baby is fine and has a good clear heartbeat but can't help thinking of what this other blob is? Has anyone else ever been in the same or similar situation as me?
Sorry to ramble and sorry for the questions lol x x

Sorry, I have no clue but we are bump buddies! I'm also due November 14th with my 3rd! Congrats!

Aww yay, I love the baby counter things you have how do you get them?x

Congrats on your scan:) xx I had mine this morning and was convinced after 3 losses it was bad news but I saw my little bean heart beating away, measuring 6 and a half weeks at 7.4 mm I'm a tiny bit earlier than I thought, they are bringing me back for a rescan in 2 weeks which I'm pleased about. It will be a long wait for you to see if it is twins, hope it goes quick for us both xxx

I have a picture but only of the baby with the heartbeat, she couldn't get both blobs on the screen at the same time, had to go in at different angles to see either one x

Here is what i searched up:

In the case of monochorionic twins, the "dividing membrane" seen at the time of ultrasound is the result of two layers of adjacent amnion from each gestational sac. This membrane is relatively thin. When the pregnancy is dichorionic the "dividing membrane" will be thick, comprised of two layers of amnion and two interposed layers of chorion. Early in pregnancy this differentiation is quite easy, however this differentitation may be quite difficult later in pregnancy. Accuracies > 85% are often achieved for dichorionic twins even late in pregnancy. The thin membrane in monochorionic twins may be more difficult to identify at all. Various groups have utilized methods such as the subjective appearance of membrane thickness, actually attempting to measure the number of layers and objectively measuring the "dividing membrane" (with a cutoff of 2 mm). Even with the best of techniques, inter and intraobserver error may be quite high.

This is the link it came from: https://www.fetalsono.com/teachfiles/choram.lasso

This might sound really stupid.. But it wasn't the yolk sac, was it? Lol. I was pregnant with twins, unfortunately lost one, it was measuring smaller than the other at 6wks & had gone by 9 :( When I had my scan, I had 2 blobs with heartbeats & a yolk sac x

Aww yay, I love the baby counter things you have how do you get them?x

Thanks, just google ticker generator and you should find some websites,they're pretty easy to create, then just edit your signature here ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->