Early first trimester and the silly things you do

Peanutt

Reaction score
I'm hoping I'm not the only silly one.

This feels like such a "hurry up and wait" deal. I feel like there's so much to do but it's so early (4w 3d) that I would be rushing and need to wait and make sure everything is okay.
I made my doctors appointment as soon as I found out. I also bought a few books, one for me and one for DH, told DH when he got home.
In between all of that, I called my doctor for an appointment. He's fantabulous because he likes to see his patients at 7 weeks and goes ahead and does a sono. Yippee! I can't wait to see! Fingers crossed that baby is a sticky one!

Because of my history of thyroid problems, he wanted me to get that double checked before I came in to see him. While I was there, they drew beta and progesterone levels. It was just for the blood draw, I didn't see the nurse or doctor.

Anyway, I'm basically out of things to do for now since DH and I want to wait at least until the doctor visit to start announcing to family and friends. It's only been one day since I found out...
So, even though I haven't felt sick, I went out and got Ginger Ale and crackers. Why? Because I want to buy something for baby!
I dare not go window shopping for baby stuff because I'll cave, go in and have to explain myself to DH.

This might be worse than the TWW.

I was like this with my first. I was so impatient and the time dragged by so slowly. This time it's going by much quicker although I'm still desperate to get to second trimester so we can start telling people. I'm particularly impatient to tell my daughter she's going to be a big sister! I've almost told her a few times but want to wait until after my scan just to make sure all is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->