Early Implantation... Further along?

Missysj89

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have a quick question, it might be a daft one, but I'm curious so you'll have to forgive me. If you implant early ( I suspect I did as early as 5/6dpo, based on when my symptoms began @6dpo), would you expect the baby to be marginally further along that others who implant late? Would it make a difference to what you see on a scan?Or would it not make any difference?

Thanks!!!

It would be so close to a normal implant date 9-10dpo I wouldn't think it would make much of a difference. Unless you're trying to get a super early scan.. In which case a day or two can mean everything

Ive been wondering the same thing as i had ib at around 5dpo. Or wat i assume was ib.
Im going for a scan on monday hopefully so will see what it says =)

With this current pregnancy I got my BFP at 8 dpo. I had an U/S when I was 5+2 according to my ovulation (but only 4+5 according to LMP, since I ovulated early) and they saw the sac, yolk sac and a 3 mm fetal pole; I was measuring 5+6 or 6. So I think it can make a difference. When I had my 12 week U/S my due date was off by 10 days since they usually go by LMP; now it's January 19th instead of January 28th (which is when DD was born).

Yes, baby may be more developed but they won't push you ahead unless you are progressing at least a week ahead. If you are a few days ahead they will still leave the due date with the LMP.

I know b/c I am a girl who implants early and they still left my due date with my LMP. :thumbup:

Yes, baby may be more developed but they won't push you ahead unless you are progressing at least a week ahead. If you are a few days ahead they will still leave the due date with the LMP.

I know b/c I am a girl who implants early and they still left my due date with my LMP. :thumbup:

Yep with this one they changed it because I was 10 days ahead, but with DD1 I was 5 or 6 days ahead and they didn't change it, although she was born 10 days before her due date.

Yes a few days doesn't make any difference unless you're going for a very early scan and hoping to see something just a day or 2 earlier. I would still wait until closer to 7 weeks for an early scan though. And as above they won't actually change your due date based on a few days - you have to be off by a week or more on the scan.

With ds i ovulated on cd 7/8 and this meant when i had scan they changed my edd by a week.! He was then born 10 days before this date... :). But as previous posters have said if its less than a week they don't change your date...

My first baby implanted early. The 12 week scan put her 3 days ahead. She came 9 days early :lol:

I think when we're talking days it doesn't really make much difference though.

At my hospital they only use the scan date, even if it's only 1 day out from your lmp they still change it to the date they get from your dating scan.

My hcg numbers were higher, but whilst the doctors were confused ( although not worried in any way) I figured it might be because I had a few extra days of doubling.

Thanks for the answers ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->