Early January Mum's

Hi ladies! :)

Me and DH are expecting our first DS on 10th January and I just CANNOT WAIT!!! :) I'm soooo excited its unbelievable!
so far my pregnancy has been A ok but don't want to jinx anything...I feel like we have a long way to go! Does anybody else feel that? I have anterior placenta but feel baby quite a lot thankfully. However I say quite a lot but really have nothing to compare it to?!

So what has everyone started buying etc for our little beans?

Xxx

Can I join too? I'm sneaking into the third tri a day early.:blush:

I'm due January 7th with our first. We're staying team yellow. :)

Thecatsmother - Updated hun x

Redrose - Hi hun! Thats so cute of your daughter :cloud9: I have just started chrimbo shopping I want most of it done before I start maternity leave then I can spend some time wrapping. Im very excited about this chrimbo... I could have a baby here!!! We all could!

Mel - :hi: Ive added you on! Welcome!

Jim_bear - :hi: Its funny sometimes I think its ages away but then other times its like OMG not long at all. Its when I think of silly little things like.... only 2 pay months left until maternity leave or something daft like that. We havent bought any of the big things yet as we're still waiting to move into our new house... which hopefully should be end of this month beginning of Novemver. We're going to Kiddicare on Saturday next week to hopefully place an order for a pram. Just hope we can find something we like that hasnt got a 3 month waiting list :haha: We have got a cot but need to buy a new mattress. Other than that we've got clothes, some bits and pieces for my hospital bag that we've just added to our grocery shop iygwim... Ooooh some cloth nappies! How about you?

Trissy - Hi :hi: Ive added you on too!

When is everyone finishing work for maternity leave? My last day is 4th December but Im starting to doubt myself a little bit as to whether Im leaving it a bit late? Equally I dont want to go too early and end up going NUTS! :haha:

My maternity starts 10th December so 4 weeks before due date but I have 2 weeks holiday to take too... :D

I'm so excited for Christmas this year!! Not having to go back to work in between Christmas and new year :p even though ill be rolling around everywhere by that point I'm sure haha!
Oooo you have a kiddicare near you?! Lucky!! I've tried to be quite organised with buying stuff spreading the cost out as it were. Bought some nappies few clothes, nursery furniture you could spend so much money on everything!! I'm usually such a laid back person and leave everything untill the last minute but I'm really trying to be organised....!! :) Christmas shopping MUST start soon lol!

Hospital bag....hmmm I should start thinking about that lol. Xx

Im a SAHM so no work for me!! I love being able to stay at home with my kids :)
All i have to buy is the Travel system and a bathtub and we are all set for him to get here!
And im almost done xmas shopping for my DD only 5 more things on my list plus her stocking stuffers! And then we are all set my xmas :D

I'm starting my mat leave on November 16th because of all the complications I've had. I'll be on bedrest from 36 weeks on (or earlier) so I wanted to get a couple of weeks in to finish Christmas shopping and stuff before I'm stuck on the couch.

I think we've got most of everything that we need for baby thanks to some very excited first time grandparents. The nursery is mostly complete, just have to finish off two shelves and hang them and stain a picture frame. The big things are all purchased and assembled and a drugstore was having a big promotion so I got $300 worth of supplies (diapers, creams, medications etc.) for $40!! I was very excited about that. :) And of course the clothes.. My mom has gone a tiny bit shopping-mad!! She's done pretty good since we're staying team yellow, she's managed to find us quite a bit that isn't just plain yellow or green! Lots of neutral browns and greys and even some blues that could be good for either a boy or girl.

Now I sit up in the nursery and glide and read or sing to baby. As a first time mom-to-be I find sitting in that room to be completely surreal but absolutely amazing. :cloud9:

Hey Ladies!

I am creeping over to 3rd tri! I am due January 13th! :happydance:
its a GIRL!!!

Hey there!

Can I join in:)

My LO is due on the 4th of Jan!

Team :blue: , looking forward to my 3/4D scan this Saturday!:happydance:

Christmas shopping?! Yikes! I haven't even thought that far ahead yet!! Hubby and I are thinking about a possible 7 night holiday next week (nothing booked yet, will hopefully book something last minute) and then we're having two bathrooms totally stripped out and replaced mid November. Xmas seems SO far away ... It only seems like yesterday I was looking forward to summer!!

Does anyone else forget that they're pregnant?? I woke this morning and it wasn't until I felt baby move 10 minutes later whilst having a coffee, it dawned on me again lol.

Morning, hope everyone had a good weekend!

ChattyB- holiday sounds so good right now, you should go for it :thumbup:

We are going to brave the rain this morning and go to rhyme time at the library and then the supermarket. Really want to start on the canvases for Lily's new room but I don't think I'll get too far with her 'helping' :haha:

Morning Peeps!

Happy Monday...... 40 get up's left until I start maternity leave! :haha: Who's counting :haha:

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Chatty - :haha: Yes I do... but its more about me forgetting my limitations iygwim. Im quite an independant person and hate relying on people to do things. But Im feeling really really good atm so I want to keep on being busy iygwim. Ive never been someone who finds it easy to relax.... Ive only got 2 things for chrimbo and thats only becaue they were in the Next sale :haha: We're going to be moving into a new build house end oct/early nov so havent done the nursery or anything! :haha: Im fairly laid back about it now..... let's see if I feel the same in a couple of weeks :haha:

Lil Duckie - :hi: Welcome! I'll add you to the front page! Its nice to see another :boy: Seems we have loads of girls and a few boys... although there might be some more with us team :yellow: YAYY for the 3D scan!! Its absolutely amazing! Which one are you going to?

JanLove - :hi: and welcome! Will add you too xxx

Trissy - You'll have to show us a pic of your nursery :thumbup: You've really showed me up being so organised! There is some nice neutral things, Im trying to hold off buying anymore as I know I'll want to go out and get things once we know what team we're on.

mommymakayla - Im hoping that I'll be able to become a SAHM, just depends on DH getting a promotion (fingers crossed). OMG youre doing AMAZINGLY well with the chrimbo shopping!

Jim_Bear - Kiddicare is about 2 and a bit hours away so we're going to make a bit of a day of it iygwim. We still havent seen a pram we 100% like but tbh we didnt really look until last friday. There is such a HUGE choice... the only thing we did manage to do was rule out the Stokke :( as it wont fit in my Clio :(

What Pram has everyone got or getting.... we're really struggling. We quite like the Britax B-smart 3 and the Jane Trider but we havent actually seen it in RL. There are absolutely flipping LOADS out there! How on earth do you choose?

Redrose - Morning! What canvasses are you doing? Hope you dont get too wet!

Chatty - Where are you going? When can we travel until? I thought it was 28 weeks?

JanLove & LilDuckie - added you on x

Samba - I'm doing 3 of Lily's favourite cartoon characters from Japanese animation house Studio Ghibli. Bit geeky but very childlike and lovely and cute, I'm sure she will love them!

These are the characters although not the actual pictures I'm going to do:

Attachments

• panda1.jpeg
    panda1.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2012-10-08-12-48-06-651466585.jpeg
    2012-10-08-12-48-06-651466585.jpeg
    5 KB · Views: 12
  • ponyo004.jpg
    ponyo004.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 7
Red Rose - :haha: you have geekified her already.... bless! Are you drawing it yourself?

I'm hoping natural so I can get home quicker. I have a 28 week scan tomorrow cannot wait to see them again (good thing with multiples lots of scans and appointments :haha:)
Hope everyone is well :flower:

Red Rose - :haha: you have geekified her already.... bless! Are you drawing it yourself?

I know, poor girl she's got no chance :lol: yeah I'm gonna draw them, ( first pencil sketch, then paint pens and acrylic) they are pretty simple shapes but the proportions need to be exact or they will look all wrong. You know like how knock off Disney characters at the fair actually look really creepy? :lol:

Lots of Braxton Hicks over the weekend, mostly if I walked too fast or carried too much etc. How is everybody else getting on with Braxton Hicks?

Moo_Fie - YAYY for a 28 week scan! Make sure you post us a pic of your LO's.

Red - Gosh you talented thing! Let us see when youre done.

Just back from my 28 week check, had bloods, anti d, bump measured 28 spot on, had a little listen to the HB. So all good :thumbup: Next appointment is with the doc at 31 weeks.... 3 weeks on monday and I'll have the flu and whooping cough jab at the same time.

Hi everyone! I'm due 8th January :) Have a feeling though this little girl will be late as I've had a super smooth pregnancy so far...

Just 9 weeks and 5 days left till maternity leave for me :D

Hello ladies :)

Please can I join? I'm a little early, I shouldn't really be here until Friday, but thought I'd sneak a peek and it's lovely to see an early Jan thread all ready to dive in to!

I'm Mel, 29 and pregnant with our first baby - hubby and I are very excited and are counting down the sleeps!
10 weeks left at work until mat leave, which is scary, but so exciting.

I'm due Jan 11th and I'm on team yellow.
Lovely to meet everyone!

Hi Tinkalink and Mrs Mel!! Lovely to see some more Jan ladies! Happy 3rsd trimester to both of you!! I'll pop you on the front page! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->