Early January Mum's

Mrs Mel - What big day? :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: Im trying not to think about it too much yet. We are having a talk about it at the NCT yoga class I go to this week and next. As this is first baby, Im thinking I'll go with the flow, not rule anything out and see what happens on the day! I dont really want an Epi, as needles scare the crap out of me but I might change my mind on the day :haha: I just know that I want DH to tell me the sex, Skin to Skin and for the cord not to be cut straight away. Other than that Im going to wait until my hospital visit and the talk they give to see what I need to include in the birth plan and what they do anyway iygwim. What are you thinking?
As for the Anti D I have heard of some people having it in the arm.... but I think bum is probably easier :haha: More fleshy :haha: actually ALOT more these days :haha:

Ha ha, that's true actually, mine is a lot fleshier than it was 6 months ago ;)

I'm the same really - I'm happy to go with the flow, while trying to keep it all as natural as poss (although I am aware that I might not have any say in that!) The only thing I'd like to stipulate is the same as you, I'd really like DH to tell me the sex, I'm so, so excited about that part!

Do you have any idea what you might be having? I've been waiting for my instinct / gut feeling to kick in, but it hasn't really. I can imagine equally it being a girl or a boy! If I had to guess, I'm probably swaying towards her being a girl, but I really don't feel strongly either way :)

We are off to menorca for a week, had my doctors appointment yesterday to say I'm fit to fly, got to wait a few days for the letter and to find out how much it costs! Feeling a little better now antibiotics are kicking in.
Noticed my blood pressure seems to be creeping up each time I see the mw or gp hopefully nothing will come of it. Baby has been head down at the last 2 appointments which I'm pleased about as ds was transverse until 36wks which was uncomfortable.

Anyone else getting lots of braxton hicks already, they caught me off guard the other day and made me panic

Hellooooooo

I'm here!! Yippeeeeeeee!!!

7th Jan due date, but have a really strong feeling baby will be early!! :happydance:

Hi to all other early Jan mummies to be!!

Elle xx

Tinkalink - Will you be moving together once baby is here?

Claireleelou - :hi: and welcome! Will pop you on the front page xx Which team are you on?

He'll be staying for the whole of his paternity leave :) and the way it is right now we see each other everyday anyway! It's more like having the option of two homes rather than living apart lol x

I havent really thought too much about if i want to have a Vbac or csection yet! Guess im gonna have to decided soon!!

Ooh Yey!! I've been feeling a little out of place in third tri!!

Due 3rd Jan and cannot wait to meet my little boy :cloud9:

Mind if I play? I'm due Jan 5 with a :yellow: but we'll be having a c section, likely at the end of December.

Ducky Twins - :hi: and welcome!! Will pop you on the front page... we can always move it if things change xxx

loub - Hi :hi: Its is alot of labour and trying to get baby out chat... where as we want ours to stay for another 10 weeks or more! Besides Im not ready to talk too much about that bit :rofl:

MommyM - When is the latest you can decide? Surely you have a few weeks yet?

Tink - Ahhh do you stay with him sometimes too?

Red - :hi: hun hope youre OK

Elle - About bloody time you got your bum over here! :haha: What team are you on chick? I can't remember! :dohh:

Rockelle - So jealous of you going away. It will be lovely to have some chillout time before the new baby comes. I dont know what the branston pickles feel like :haha: Im guessing I would know if I had one?

Thanks Sam! I'm so glad to be here! Can you believe there's not much left?! WOW!

Ducky Twins - Nope 2nd trimester went far too quickly! Part of me is hoping this one doesnt go as fast x

I don't even remember 2nd tri! I wonder if it happened at all!!! :rofl:

Hi, my name's Katie and my due date is 10 January, although I will most likely be induced around 38/39 weeks due to having gestational diabetes, boo. We're staying team :yellow:, am officially in third trimester in a couple of days! xx

Duckytwins - WHAT??? :haha:

Katie B - Hi hun! Welcome :hi: Ive added you to the front xxx

in like a few more months we will all be holding our little babies :) So cant wait, done with being pregnant!!!

Mommy K - Nooooo! Dont say that! :ignore: After spending four years trying to get preggers I havent actually thought too much into what happens when baby gets out and what Im supposed to do! :argh:

Hey ladies just needed to share this somewhere and didn't feel it really deserved it's own thread lol!
So flaming relieved, at 11.05 last night my little monkey moved from round my ribs really low and i felt a massive pressure followed by a small constant drip of clear liquid which smelt a bit funny. Panicked to high heaven and rushed to the Maternity hospital. The midwife examined my pads and pants and said she thought it was my waters. Did a trace on baby and baby's heart rate kept dipping 104-150 I was so worried I couldn't breathe. She did a test with a dip stick that measures the protein in the waters surrounding baby. While waiting the ten minutes for the test to give it's result I felt a massive pain as baby unengaged and moved back up, evidently the leakage stopped. The test came back negative and it's looks as if the baby was squashing my kidneys and my bladder somehow. So relieved that she's okay but she's such a bloody monkey for worrying us! xx

Hey ladies just needed to share this somewhere and didn't feel it really deserved it's own thread lol!
So flaming relieved, at 11.05 last night my little monkey moved from round my ribs really low and i felt a massive pressure followed by a small constant drip of clear liquid which smelt a bit funny. Panicked to high heaven and rushed to the Maternity hospital. The midwife examined my pads and pants and said she thought it was my waters. Did a trace on baby and baby's heart rate kept dipping 104-150 I was so worried I couldn't breathe. She did a test with a dip stick that measures the protein in the waters surrounding baby. While waiting the ten minutes for the test to give it's result I felt a massive pain as baby unengaged and moved back up, evidently the leakage stopped. The test came back negative and it's looks as if the baby was squashing my kidneys and my bladder somehow. So relieved that she's okay but she's such a bloody monkey for worrying us! xx

Oh that must have been awful for you :hugs: So glad everything's ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->