early labour?

gbromley2007

Reaction score
This morning i had low dull back ache,sort of like a light throb feel it went and it came back couple minutes later it did that 4 times, then after that i kept getting the feel like when it would start but never reach its peak kind of feeling, ive been getting that all day and also where i had the back pain its been sore at the same time. now i am getting tightenings and some cramp like feelings, but not all over my tummy, just certain places and not all the time or even to time them, but i am having low back ache and pressure but it could be engagement??? i am a first time mom, any info would be great!

thanks in advance!

Hey sweetie....
I wouldn't call it early labour at 39w4d. You are considered full term. Early labour is considered to be prior to 37 weeks.
What you could be feeling is the early stages of labour... or false labour.
A few questions you need to ask yourself...
1) has your water broken
2) are you bleeding (light pink to red)
3) are contractions coming frequently and more intense
4) do the contractions go away with changing of position or walking around?

If you answered yes to the first three... sounds like you are in labour and should contact your L&D or MW. If you answered no to the last one, you could be in labour and should contact your L&D or MW.

When in doubt always contact your local L&D (Labour & Delivery) and ask them what they think you should do. They will give you the best advise.

Good luck hun.

everything isnt as bad now, i laid down last night and my back hurt more for 10 minutes and i the cramps stopped. i dont think she wants to come out.

Your body could be getting ready. May it'll be soon for you!

I was gonna say the same, sounds like your body is getting ready hun, wish mine would hurry up and get ready too! good luck xxx

i have had 'twinges' as the midwife described them, for 10ish days now hun, its all part of your body getting ready, you can stay and get to about 1/2cm dialatted some point before you go into established labour,

But its all good signs for ur cervix opening and its good to remeber they open up more with every twinge and dont go back!:D

ive gone for walks and stuff because it killed me when i was active but yesterday i had nothing,lol but i did lose some of my plug. i want her out,lol i am booked for induction may 1st but i hope she comes sooner on her own. i get excited thinking i will see her then things stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->