Early miscarriage or normal? Input soo appreciated.

Katie-so sorry to hear about that. Hope that you heal quickly so that you can try again!

I'm just coming back a year later to update this thread, although I don't know if anyone will ever read it. I just find when I come across threads like this, I always want to know what the final outcome was and you rarely find that.

But after this particular miscarriage I wrote about in Feb 2014, I took a month off from TTC, and the following month we tried again and I got pregnant.

I was scared to death because I had the same spotting, cramping, backache, some bright red blood episodes, and I was convinced through my first trimester that I would miscarry again. The spotting was consistent into second trimester (even after the doctor put me on progesterone) and the backache and cramping would get so bad that I had to take Tylenol and use a heating pad for it. Like I said, all of this stuff started right when I found out I was pregnant and lasted the whole first trimester. It was a terrible, nerve-racking time, constantly thinking I was about to miscarry.

But for whatever reason, this pregnancy stuck and I now have a three-month-old baby boy who was born January 7, 2015.

So as frustrating as it is, it really is true that spotting, cramping, backache, etc. can go either way…Lead up to a miscarriage or be a normal part of early pregnancy.

I guess my only advice for anyone reading this thread and in that same limbo predicament where you don't know which way the pregnancy is going to go, the only thing that kept me temporarily sane, was going to a walk-in lab clinic and paying out-of-pocket to have my beta numbers tested every two days. I'm in the US and most cities have walk-in labs like that where you can get drug testing, STD testing, and beta testing done. It cost me $25 a pop but well worth it. Watching my son's numbers continue to climb is what kept me from panicking during the first few weeks. And purchasing a fetal heart rate monitor kept me sane through the rest of the pregnancy until I could start feeling him move around. At about 10 weeks I believe, is when I was able to pick up his heartbeat and that was very reassuring to let me know I could check to make sure he was in there and still alive at any time.

Anyway, like I said, I know nobody may read this old thread, but I hope that if anyone stumbles upon it, that I've been able to provide just a little bit of help.

Thank you for updating! So sorry for your miscarriage :(

And massive congratulations on having a beautiful baby boy! Pregnancy is a scary time indeed.....this is my first and I'm just six weeks. Running to the toilet everytime I feel slightly 'wet'. It is lovely that you took the time to update us - as you say, so many threads fall into oblivion and you know that we are all googling like crazy to get the answers we want! Xxxx

Lovely update. So sorry for your loss last year but congratulations on the birth of your baby xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->