Early miscarriage - some advice please?

shinona

Reaction score
Girls, I was wondering if anyone can give me a bit of advice? I only found out I was pregnant last Wednesday and I started spotting on Thursday. It was much heavier Friday/Saturday and has been on and off yesterday and today and appears to have stopped now. Is there an average amount of time you bleed with a m/c if it's so early? Also, if it is the worst case scenario when will the pregnancy hormone be gone and any hps will be negative? My GP was lovely and suggested waiting a week to test again. I know I'm probably setting myself up for even more disappointment but I did one this morning and it was still a clear positive.

Thanks for any advice. I feel all over the place just now - I hate this waiting although I think I know it's not going to be the outcome I want so much.

x

Hi i am sorry its a really anxious time. I must say that it is normal for some women to bleed/spot early on so i do not want to cause you any more stress but just offer you advice which may put your mind at rest. You could contact you local pregnancy assessment unit at hospital they may get you in for a scan or to check your blood levels, these don't necessarily go down it depends what is going on. My local unit were brilliant. I have recently miscarried although i had to have an injection to start it, my pregnancy was classed as not viable which for me my HCG levels were continuing to rise in fact they have just started to fall so i wouldn't rely on a pregnancy test as you may still be worrying unduly. I am sorry i cannot say anything more concrete. Good luck let me no how you get on. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->