Early period=early miscarriage??

JleStar

Reaction score
My period was 5 days early which is not very common for me. I am usually regular. I felt it strange that the first cycle my hubbie and I actively try to conceive is a cycle where my period comes unusually early....sao s it safe to assume that I possibly had a really early miscarriage?
The reason I ask is because I am the type to now figure out reasons why this bean didn't stick.

Was I drinking? Stressed? Not eating right? Not enough sleep?

Any thoughts

That happened to me, too! I felt "strange" the first month TTC and then had my period about 4 days early, and it was HORRIBLE. This time around I had a beta drawn about 10DPO just in case, but I'm at CD29 today and no AF so I know it wasn't that I have a short LP (which I NEVER have anyway). I will know the beta results Tuesday but something tells me I'm not preggo. I think I may have had an early miscarriage.

Honestly there is no way to be sure. I think it is more likely you just had an early period. Most women get a messed up cycle at least once in their life. Because it happened to you on your first month TTC you are probably just reading too much into it. I don't think there is any reason being pregnant would trigger an early period. Usually with a 'chemical' pregnancy your period comes on time or a few days late. The only reason I can think of it could have been a MC is if because of a short luteal phase the egg didn't get to implant properly before your body 'knew' it was pregnant and stopped you from getting a period. In that case your period would have come early whether the egg had been fertilized or not.

For me this is the worst part of TTC, all the limbo and lack of answers can drive you crazy! Hugs and hope you get your BFP soon! Have you thought of charting or using OPKs? At least then you would have a better idea when you ovulate.

I wondered the same thing, last month was our first cycle trying and I never get early AF, I've had one 28 day cycle during this past year that I have been tracking them and that was due to the fact I was taking Vitex to try and regulate them somewhat. Other than that I'm 31, 33 or longer… so when it did come out of the blue, 6 days early - a 25 day cycle! - I was so taken aback I considered that it was IB. I thought it was for sure and got really excited but it ended up just being early AF… I wondered if it had been a really early pregnancy but I guess I won't know. We have started BD'ing much earlier in this cycle just in case. I use OPKs and got a faint line this morning so hopefully it darkens tomorrow, I'm currently CD 12.

It's all so confusing! You get so much hope and positivity and it is so hard when the body doesn't comply or do what it normally does! I honestly thought I was going mad. I was devastated when AF was here full force.

A chemical pregnancy will cause a delay in AF, not have it come earlier.

My doctor did a study, for a year he gave the same women a pregnancy test everyday, he said you wouldnt believe how many times it turned positive then negitive from a early miscarriage they didnt even feel. Makes me wonder sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->