Early Pregnancy Temps (do they fluctuate, go higher or stay the same)

JaymeeBee

Mom of two girls!
Reaction score
I am just wondering about temperatures...they have me all in a kafluffle. Is it possible to use a regular thermometer to chart temps? I live in small town and they don't sell those Basil Body ones anywhere close by...I'll probably check the internet one of these days.

in very early pregnancy (I'm currently TTC) what are normal temperatures signs that you maybe PG?

My normal body temp is 97.7ish, but was having between 98.6 to 99.0 temps for the last two weeks, then the last couple days they dropped to the 97s again, but today have gone back up to 98.0, which to me is frustrating.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had a temp dip and still been pregnant.

Also what is the temp difference between the basils and the regular thermometers?

Thanks!

So the basal thermometer is 2 decimal places, so it's more accurate.

Your temps rise after Ov and stay high until AF, when your temp usually drops below the coverline or down near it.

It's definitely possible to have a dip and still be pregnant. But usually the temp going low again means AF is on its way...

If you click on my ticker you can sign up to Fertility Friend for free, and on there there's also lots of pregnancy charts and you can actually compare your own to other similar charts and see what happened for them...

x x x

Your temps will stay high if you are pregnant (like post ov temps). They drop when AF is on its way but when you are pg they don't drop. They will still fluctuate a bit though.

The basal thermometers will have the numbers to two decimal places ie. 97.95 so they are more accurate for seeing really small changes but any thermometer will do really.

you should also be taking your temp as soon as you wake up before getting out of bed. You should join Fertility Friend and actually chart them so you can see what your temps actually mean.

Do you have a shoppers drug mart or rexall anywhere near you? they sell them.

you should also be taking your temp as soon as you wake up before getting out of bed. You should join Fertility Friend and actually chart them so you can see what your temps actually mean.

I actually do use FF a bit, signed up a few weeks ago...I like medhelp tracking tools a bit better, but FF has great calendar stuff/tools. The Rexalls where I live (small small town, but we have two Rexalls-- go figure) do not carry any fertility stuff, which is weird. I plan on buying online...when I get some moola--hopefully soon. I used to work for Rexall, bad bad experience LOL...four years I'd like to get back...ughhhhh

I actually do use FF a bit, signed up a few weeks ago...I like medhelp tracking tools a bit better, but FF has great calendar stuff/tools. The Rexalls where I live (small small town, but we have two Rexalls-- go figure) do not carry any fertility stuff, which is weird. I plan on buying online...when I get some moola--hopefully soon. I used to work for Rexall, bad bad experience LOL...four years I'd like to get back...ughhhhh

Well thats stupid! lol
our rexalls have them with the HPTs and condoms

I used to work for Herbies (owned by Rexall) -- the discounts were great

What dpo are you have you tried and hpt yet?

Well thats stupid! lol
our rexalls have them with the HPTs and condoms

I used to work for Herbies (owned by Rexall) -- the discounts were great

I have heard of Herbies, but never been in one. The Rexalls here have Condoms, lubricants and HPT, but nothing for TTC, which is ******** because their are a few people living in this town that I know of are having trouble conceiving.

I went to both locations and searched everywhere for BB thermometer (expensive or cheap), but they only carry like a million different types of the regular digital and a few mercury.

When I was assistant Manager I used to carry a few fertility products in the Rexall where I worked. Seems like no one really cares anymore about the products that are carried, they just stick to the easiest planogram and thats that. Plus the service is not really that friendly, so I don't feel comfortable asking them to order anything in special.

Anyways...I'm going to buy off of that early-pregnancy-tests.com site, they seem to have EVERYTHING! Preseed, Softcups...you name it...I even told my friend about it. :thumbup:

My period is due today, which sucks! LOL, but hopefully my next cycle will be the BFP one. What cycle day are you? Are you using any helpers (charting, preseed, softcups, etc...) or just letting nature take it's course?

I used to just let nature take it's course, but now I'm taking it seriously and trying to learn all the conception tricks.

I am 16DPO if I ovulated on the 27th of March and 13DPO if I ovulated on the 30th.

I thought I O'd on the 26/27, but I had another huge gush on the 30th...so I am a little unsure.

Yeah I tested a few times...last was about three to four days ago BFN LMAO.

My period is due today, which sucks! LOL, but hopefully my next cycle will be the BFP one. What cycle day are you? Are you using any helpers (charting, preseed, softcups, etc...) or just letting nature take it's course?

I used to just let nature take it's course, but now I'm taking it seriously and trying to learn all the conception tricks.

I'm only cd 11 tried everything last month with the baby tylenol, charting, folic acid, the soy pills, and opks. Nothing worked last month so just temps and opks this month. How do you know your not pg this month if AF hasn't showed yet?

I'm only cd 11 tried everything last month with the baby tylenol, charting, folic acid, the soy pills, and opks. Nothing worked last month so just temps and opks this month. How do you know your not pg this month if AF hasn't showed yet?

I guess there is still a small-tiny-itsy bitsy chance, but the cramps I had early this morning make me think that it doesn't look to good for me. I still feel like I could start at any moment...the AF grumblies have me checking my panties often...so far its been only pre-AF mucus, which is normal for me, but still depressing.

We should be TTC buddies...even though you're a bit a head of me. If we both got PG we'd still have our babies close together in dates (maybe).

[/QUOTE]
We should be TTC buddies...even though you're a bit a head of me. If we both got PG we'd still have our babies close together in dates (maybe).[/QUOTE]

That sound cool. Hope we get out BFPs soon!!!!

JaymeeBee were you pregnant? I am having same temp issues with normal thermometer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->