early scan done now so confused :\ UPDATE hcg levels

Stacey_89

Team PINK
Reaction score
So as you can see from my ticker thats how far along I thought I was based on first day of bleeding with my loss in august.
My scan today revealed I am 4 weeks 5 days.
so working out days when I got pregnant..must of been on holiday, September 24th but what dont make sence is that I got a bfp on 1st October which would make me 7DPO which is just way too early! My bloods yesturday were just over 1000 and I go bk tomorrow night to get them done again.
Scan showed empty sac which I know is normal for where I am.

jusy confused and feeling worried. Really hope this pregnancy progresses!!

Update

So Sunday night my hcg levels were 1500, last night they came back at 2350 so they have nearly doubled but just that little bit under, I go in again tomorrow night to have more done. I hate this, just feels like I'm sitting around waiting for it all to go wrong!

It's strange isn't it? When I had my nt scan last week she dated me at 11+5 which just doesn't make sense as I wouldn't even have ovulated then! I'm certain of o date! I think babies can be ahead or behind at any stage all are different

What if I had a late implanter?
I thought I ovulated on sept 11,so what if I actually ovulated a few days later for example sept 14th and baby didnt implant for another 10days..which brings us to the 24th sept...bfp on 1st October.
so that way between implantation n bfp I got a good 7 days for hcg to build up.
and if baby implanted on 24th sept that would explain my dates?

Erh can not wait for bloods. Mind has gone into overdrive...

When I was pregnant with my son I got my BFP at 7 dpo so it's very possible and your HCG matches up with your dates.

All the best x

7dpo is possible and if the scan is a couple of days out even more likely. I suspect you wouldn't have ov'd bang on after a loss. I ov'd 2 weeks later after a 12 week loss and about 3 months after my 21 week loss x

When I had my early scan the doctor dated me at less far along than I thought which meant that my dates were totally out too. She said baby seemed healthy though wasn't concerned, I think it's all confusing this early. Hoping it all turns out ok though x x

So its just dawned on me... if I count back 4 weeks 5 days in my calender it brings me to september 10th and I thought I ovulated on the 11th.

so going by these dates am I right?
Also I know with doctors they count ur weeks from first day of last bleeding,so first two weeks your not even pregnant right?

So gestational age and fetal age would have two weeks difference between them?

have I got this right?? X

Standard book case scenario
Cycle length 28 days
Ovulation day 14
Finds out they are pregnant on day 28 that would put them at exactly 4 weeks pregnant.

Also 7 DPO is not unheard of for finding out you are pregnant. I implanted at 3 DPO with DD and had a positive at 7 DPO with 8 DPO HCG of 12. All my failed pregnancies I have on average found them out between 9 and 10 DPO. This current pregnancy I have found out at 9 DPO with 11 DPO HCG of 28.

However, if your HCG is truly only at 1000 and you strongly believe you are further than what the scan showed, it may not look the best. I personally believe you might have skipped ovulation and your body tried again a few days (or weeks) later. My body has done that before.

I would assume they have booked you for another scan in about two weeks. If not in the mean time I suggest they check your HCG levels again in 48 hours roughly to make sure they are indeed going up normally.

I wish you the best of luck for a H and H 9 months.

Im havig my bloods done again tomorrow night which makes 48hrs to when I last had them done.
im hoping they do go up,but I dont have much faith :(

If they go up I go for another scan in 10days...will keep updated.

Already preparing myself for a 3rd loss :cry:

My thinking is prepare yourself for the worse but pray/hope for the best. I know how it feels to have miscarriages or what not. I personally do believe you just ovulated late and everything will be all right. *hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->