Early scan....no yolk sac...empty sac (UPDATED)

MummyMandi

pregnant with 4th miracle
Reaction score
ladies im worried sick
i calculated i was about 5 weeks and so many day i was having cramping on my left side so the doctor refered me for an early scan and said probably wouldnt see a live pregnancy yet just to check my womb and stuff
and make sure it wasnt ectopic

well i went and i was there for hours
i was scanned and there was a small bag ... two actually but she suspected one was the pregnancy one but nothing in it and it was only 3mm
she said i could either be even earlier than i thought
or something may not be right
they done my bloods and my hcg level was 1865 something like that she said
and im going back tomorrow for another hcg test
i am worried sick what if i am 5 weeks something and something has happened?

the doctor said i could of ovulated later and could still only be like 3-4 weeks pregnant.
im just so worried now :(
ladies has anyone experienced this
also i cant understand why there was 2 sacks right next to each other too and my level being that high if i am early?
the sonogropher said when i asked had she seens pregnancys like this at this stage before she said yeah she looked pretty sure
and then another woman i spoke to said we dont usually see pregnancys this early in here so where not sure so it had to be named an unknown pregnancy right now :(

im confused
im scared please help has anyone ever been through this
thanks girls :( :( so scared of a loss :cry::cry:

i searched up scans online to find something similar to what mine looked like and found these

it basically looked like this but the 2 bags were closer to each other
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/910/LaB0fy.jpg
but the bag was this small :(
could i just be early??

I think you will have to wait for a second lot of bloods to have more answers. That early it is hard to be sure from a scan. Did anyone mention twin pregnancy? I'm wondering if being further behind than what you thought but with twins is a possibility? Hope it works out for you. Being in limbo is awful.

They didn't mention twins but I seen two pregnancy sacks next to each other but she pointed at one and said I'm guessing this will be your pregnancy sack here looked like that scan iv put up but they were next to each other they said my levels r great and I could simply just been too early but all he fuss they made I feel has really petrified me :(

Just booked in to have bloods done
Tomorrow at 7.30pm around the same time I had my first ones done and should be able to find out that night . Then possibly book in for another scan .

At the moment id say it looks like a twin pregnancy. But it's too early for a scam your numbers are really good. So I would say within the next week you should see a yolk sac Or at least a fetal pole. I had a scan this early with DD1 and the sac was Empty. Two weeks later a nice heartbeat. I don't think you should worry really. The cramping may well be a cyst from where you ovulated and I'd say it looks like you probably ovulated twice.. I'm sure your be fine good luck x

Its also possible that there was omly sack and the other one was something else. Dont forget at that stage even the sack is tiny.

Are you sure on ovulation dates? Its far too early to see anything yet if your HCG level is only 1865. My pregnancies are monitored very closely and during my last pregnancy, my doctor said an ultrasound prior to HCG levels being over 6,000 are pointless because there will be nothing to see. 6,000+ is a usually a yolk sac and fetal pole, and then the next week I go back for a heartbeat ultrasound. I had my first ultrasound last pregnancy at 6ish weeks and there was only just a fetal pole and yolk sac, and then 2 weeks later was the heartbeat. If your numbers double like they're supposed to at your next draw, I would say your mind can be eased a lot. I'm surprised they didn't tell you this and make you worry!

Yeah they did say it should be ok if they double :) but they spoke about giving me another scan and then another nurse wasn't sure if they would but said also because of
My history with my daughter being stillborn they probably
Will to ease my mind too but I think they will because they seemed worried x

Can you post your picture of your scan? Looking at someone else's is not very helpful because that picture definitely looks like a twin pregnancy, but yours could be any number of things from twin pregnancy to one sac and one hematoma or anything. I think even if you were 5+3 it's very iffy to see anything more than what you saw. I wouldn't worry too much yet, early scans can be very stressful at this stage!!!

I don't have one I wish I took a picture Hun :( yeah I'm not sure I'm confused just want tomorrow to come now to get my next levels done xx

At 5+1 with DS I had an 8mm sac and it was empty. I freaked out because there was no yolk sac but a week later baby was there with a heartbeat. So as far as yolk sac goes, I would not expect to see one in a 3 mm gestational sac and wouldn't be worried that one isn't showing.

However the 3mm does seem a bit small for 5 weeks PG, so if your hCG is indeed rising (taking a couple HPTs 8 hours apart might be able to answer this for you while you wait for the second beta) I do suspect you must be earlier than 5 weeks.

I would say based on your bloods (which is a great level, mine at 5 weeks exactly was 736 and more than doubled 48 hrs later) you are seeing what you should be seeing. Anything less than 2000-3000 wont show you too much in US. Hang in there. still so early! A lot can change in a few days! DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!

Not sure why they scanned you this early? Protocol is to wait and keep an eye on hcg numbers first see if the double. Once they reach 2000-5000 then you can see a fetal pole etc. At your stage I wouldn't expect to see anything at all besides a sac. Do more bloods and if they double then that's a good sign :)

I had the same thing happen. But had to wait 2 weeks to see the gynae again. Turned out I was a week behind and I "KNOW" when I o'd. You really never know for sure. But all was well with baby! GL!

Your hcg numbers seem very nice and high. Until about 6 weeks am ultrasound is pointless.
Hang in there

I'd say possible twins and it's still early, should have answers with next scan. Good luck w blood tomorrow.

Thanks so much girls this
All means a lot
I will make sure I update you all with my
Hcg results tomorrow so nervous. On a good note though nausea has kicked in even more today literally I am so so tired and I said to my husband I feel like I have the worst hangover ! About
I go have a nap with the little ones . So tired ! Anyone else had tiredness from so early on I had it before I even tested postive so when I got a negitive test I was like it will go positive I know I'm pregnant haha could tell the tiredness went a little and now it's back full force ahhh haha good sign though :) xx

Also girls I worked this out.... I thought I was ovulating around the 28/29th September as I had my menstrual cycle around the 20th and we bd'd around when I thought ovulation was but we got married on the 9th of October and ummmm let's just say (honeymoon period) haha we bd'd a lot I know tmi haha and it was after that that the tiredness kicked in about 4-6 days later and then I got 2 negitive tests and then got two faint tests days after that gradually got darker so maybe I ovulated late then?? As my ovulation isn't always regular xx

Also girls I worked this out.... I thought I was ovulating around the 28/29th September as I had my menstrual cycle around the 20th and we bd'd around when I thought ovulation was but we got married on the 9th of October and ummmm let's just say (honeymoon period) haha we bd'd a lot I know tmi haha and it was after that that the tiredness kicked in about 4-6 days later and then I got 2 negitive tests and then got two faint tests days after that gradually got darker so maybe I ovulated late then?? As my ovulation isn't always regular xx

That's very possible. An ultrasound will be able to confirm how far along you are.

I'm also having blood work done tomorrow. I'm so nervous because my hcg level dodnt double in 48 hours it took 72 hours. Ughhh tbis worrying and stress is horrible!

Can totally relate rebecca I will be a nervous wreck waiting tomorrow :( just hope all is ok ! Hope
All is ok for u Hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->