Early scan on Monday at 6+2 - UPDATE

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
I'm having an early scan at 6+2 on Monday because of previous ectopic/2x mmc. It was originally scheduled for today but had to reschedule for Monday so I'm a bit bummed.
Already hit a small milestone as I passed the gestation that I was diagnosed with my ectopic.

I have only ever had a scan at 6 weeks on my middle pregnancy, I had to go transvaginal but we did see a little blob with heartbeat. I just want to know peoples experiences of a scan at 6 weeks.

I am guessing I might be slightly less gestational age than based on lmp, my cycles are 31-33 days usually. So technically I could be 5+4 at scan. What should I expect to see?

At under 6wks, you might just see the gestational sac & possibly a yolk. I had a scan at 5wks & that's all we saw. I've been invited back in 10 days to have another scan & check for a heartbeat, I imagine they might offer you the same if you don't see a heartbeat this time x

I'm going to have weekly scans through first trimester if I want them anyway, so it won't be too much of a wait!

I had a scan just under 5 weeks which showed "signs of pregnancy" then one at around 6 weeks which showed heartbeat, but I don't know exactly how far along I was that time. By 7 and a bit weeks it looked baby like. Hopefully the reasons for longer cycles is a slightly longer luteal phase (would explain why we have fell pregnant twice whilst tracking to prevent!) and I am a few days further along!

I had mine at 6+5 just this past Thursday and we did see everything. Yolk sac plus heartbeat (just didn't get to hear it).

Just remember it's all based on gestational age so dont get too discouraged!!

I had mine at 5+6 and they dated the babe at 6+4... We saw everything!

Every baby is different I went for a scan at 6 weeks, twins where 5 weeks 3/4 days both could be clearly seen with HB's. My other pregnancies my lo's didn't get HB's till past 6 weeks x

Heading to hospital now, I'm really nervous as I have felt quite well today even when hungry and after eating.

Just home from scan. Baby is in correct place, measuring one day ahead, and we saw heartbeat! Actually, they are more than 1 day ahead cause of my longer cycles. So happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->