Early scan or wait it out?

hazzabeanie

mum of 2
Reaction score
I am debating whether to have an early scan at 7 weeks or just wait it out to the 12 week scan? I think my main worry is getting to 12 weeks and theres something wrong part of me thinks just let it be and see how it goes. I didn't have a early one with my ds but did with my dd due to spotting.... what would you do because as your probably aware there rather expensive!!

We're having a private scan done right before 8 weeks since it's only $50 here. The money is well worth the peace of mind to me! :)

I've just booked a private scan for Sunday morning. £49 well spent as I'm scared after two MCs before this pregnancy.

Nothing before 6 weeks but I definitely would at 7 weeks!

Hmm. That's tough. If you can afford it, and it'll give you piece of mind, I think it's worth it. Supposedly a lot of women can get their baby's heartbeat on an at home doppler pretty early, as early as 8 weeks, that may be a cheaper option. But it's tricky to get that early. I had to pay out of pocket for my first ultrasound a few weeks ago bc of my dumb insurance. It is definitely a hard decision when you have to pay. Ultimately I'm glad I went at 9 weeks, even though it cost $322. I had the 12 week scan a week or so ago, and that was covered by my new insurance, thankfully!

ive had dark yellow/brownish discharge this afternoon :( and mild cramps stressed out xx

I had a mmc on my last pregnancy and chose not to have an early scan, I knew if I had a scan at 7-8 weeks then I would just keep worrying because the chance of miscarrriage doesn't start reducing really until 10 weeks so I went at 10 weeks. That was just my personal opinion though..it was hard waiting but I knew going for an early scan wouldn't change the outcome, whatever will be will be :)

your totally right I am desperate for this to work and to have a healthy baby but I do have 2 beautiful kiddies so what will be will be im just going to wait it out and go with the flow of it... I cant stop the spotting or the cramps so worrying wont change it thank you xx

if it is dark brown I would try not to worry too much unless it becomes bright red..it is more than likely just implantation or breakthrough bleeding. I know of course it is so hard to not worry, I still check the toilet paper every time I wipe! It will be hard waiting it out but having an early scan will only reassure you for a few days and the worry will be back, I have seen people going to a&e the day after getting a scan because they were worried so if I was you I would keep your money and treat yourself to something nice, you deserve it, growing a baby is hard and tiring :)

We paid for a private scan at 7weeks and got to see and hear the heartbeat. For us it was worth the money for peace of mind. With my first pregnancy we did IVF so automatically had a scan at 6 weeks so there was no way I was able to wait until 12 weeks with this baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->