Early scan showed no sac

boxerdog

Reaction score
Ok some of you may know whats been happening with bleeding etc. GP put my pregnancy at a little under 6 weeks, went for early scan this morning to have it all confirmed as OK and nothing was seen, not even a sac :cry:. Said it may be to early but gave me no positive information as to whether i could be pregnant or not, no blood tests offered or anything.
So i've been sent home with another pregnancy test to do in a week, and they said im to try and wait 2 more weeks if i can to go back. :cry:
I tested again yesterday :bfp: much fatter and clearer than the tests i did before i started bleeding, Saterday :bfp: digi test 2-3. Its been over 5 days since ive stopped bleeding whats going on!!
Please someone give me positive stories if you've experienced similar.

The scan might not picking up the heartbeat or Sac under 6 weeks.. After 6 weeks it will be showing i think. Others will post here to answer your question.

The only time they should definately be able to see something is after 7 weeks, so try not to worry, that's when the hb should be strong enough to be seen. Some people see things earlier but not everyone hun.

Try to stay positive - I know it's hard

Amy xx

i've been in and out of hospital for the last few days as they dont know whats happening with my pregnancy either.

I had an emergency scan yesterday for ectopic but it was inconclusive as my HCG level suggest im not far along so they wouldnt be able to see if it was in the womb or ectopic.

from what they've told me, you cant tell too much from tests until you're 6 weeks so i would concentrate on looking after yourself between now and when you next test

:hug::hugs::hug:

I'm sorry you're having to go through all this :hugs:

I wouldn't want to give you false hope, but it could possibly be just too early to see anything on the ultrasound, and if you're no longer bleeding, and still testing positive then that is a very good sign.

I know it is almost impossible but just try to take things easy and be good to yourself. I know it is so frustrating knowing that there is nothing you can do to make it all okay, or to speed the days along.

I will have my fingers crossed for you.

I'm sorry that your going through a stressful time :hugs: I had an early scan at 4wks and the sonographer couldn't detect anything until she used the vaginal scaner. And then she could only just detecs the sac it measured 4mm. I'm going back tomorrow to see if they can see a little bean.

I've heard lots of stories of ladies in the same position as you, and when they've gone back a couple of weeks later for a 2nd scan the sac and bean have grown enough to show up! please try and stay positive xx

:hug:

I went in for early scan as I had no idea how far I would be and there was nothing but a "good thick lining" as the sonographer said and I went back 2 weeks later and saw sac and what looked like fetal pole now I am going thursday hoping to see hb as I will be around 7 weeks now. but I wouldnt worry I was worried for nothing you may have just ovulated late and caught the pregnancy early like I did! good luck to you! as long as the test come out bfp your still pregnant!

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, :hugs: and to have to wait another 2 weeks! I definately wouldn't wait that long - you'll be worried sick. I'd go back next week and demand another scan.

Hope that everything works out ok for you hun.

Hi hun, I was predicted at about 6weeks for my first scan, my heart sank when I saw barely a pin prick sized black dot (they werent sure if this was the begining of the sac or not), I thought I was going to miscarry again. I did have my blood taken though (am surprised you didnt!) after scan as it wasnt a promising scan for my supposed 6weeks. Levels came back at only 400 (not good aparently).
Went back 4days later (yesterday) and there was a nice sized sac and my hormones came back at 3146!
So they are now thinking that I am about 5weeks now so would have been less than 5weeks at first scan and I just ovulated very late this time which is why not very much was seen.

So good luck, bleeding doesnt always mean miscarriage and dates are not always correct meaning nothing may show up on the scan as its too early! Good luck hun, hope it turns out good for you :hug:

thanks for your kind words everyone! I'm holding out hope that all is ok, still testing positive so i am def pregnant, its just seeing if pregnancy is viable or not!

Terri i assume you went to Westone General? your up the road from me! I went into Bath and they were dreadful :hissy:

Anyway keeping chin up its all i can do, waiting another week or so then i'll pop back in or test again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->