Early Scan - Yay or Nay?

Rachie004

Reaction score
Hi girls, just after some opinions.

I was certain I was going to book a private early scan for when I'm around 8 weeksish but I'm wondering if I should? I'm about a week uncertain over when I ovualted so I'm worried that if I book an early scan to reassure myself that everything is okay that I'll end up causing myself more worry because I won't be as far along as I think I am etc. On the other hand though I'm thinking that if there is something then wrong then is it better to find out sooner rather than later before I get super attached?

I like the idea of having a small milestone to work towards in 2 weeks time, whereas if I didn't go for an early scan then it's going to be another 4 weeks on top of that before my routine scan. Should I just suck it up and wait?

xx

This is something me and my OH pondered. He wanted to wait, and I was in two minds because, as you mentioned, if something was wrong, I'd rather know and deal with it now instead of worrying. But I didn't want to scare myself either.

We did however get a scan, yesterday, privately, at 6w3d. I had a great experience, was measuring ahead and saw a heartbeat. I feel much better today for knowing I'm ok so far, and the peace of mind has been worth it.

If you honestly think it'll be better for you to know, then I say go for it. Ultimately if you're going to find bad news, you'll have to get it anyway at some point.

Hope that helps!

I say go for it, but only because you're waiting until 8 weeks. Anything before that, especially since you think you might be a week off might just cause more worry. I was unsure of when I ovulated so I just went by the latest date possible and counted myself from there. When I got scanned I got moved up a week from 9 weeks to 10 weeks. If I had counted from when I "should" have ovulated I would have been 13 weeks moved back to 10 weeks and I would have been so worried.

Hiya,

I had this same conversation with my oh. I wasn't sure and oh didn't mind either way. We have decided to have am early scan on 18 October, I will be approx 9 weeks by then and hope to see heartbeat. My 12 week scan may get pushed back to 14 weeks because of a holiday so that's the main reason I decided to have one, didn't want to wait that long!!! I'd say go for it!!!

Thank you for the replies ladies, I really appreciate it :)

I think I'm going to go ahead and book it, even if it's just for reassurance!

I've got an appointment for the 19th :) It's not far away at all - excited :D xx

I went & had a scan done last Thursday at my Dr office . I was supposed to be exactly 6wks that day they did the scan and my baby was only 4wks & 5days along all I saw was a sac with a yolk inside . Based off my last period I should be 6wks . I have another scan in a few days with my Dr & one on the 14th & 18th with two pregnancy resource centers & im PRAYING my baby gets bigger & has a heartbeat . Cant help but freak out .

Punkrockmum, you're only 9 days off so try not to worry. I definitely do not ovulate on day 14 which is how they base your dates from your last period. I tend to ovulate around day 20 which is a week later so it's entirely possible that you just ovulated a week later too :) Will keep my FX for you xx

I thought I had ovulated as usual . I always get those pains a week after my cycle . Idk when I ovulated I wasn't keeping track loll it came as a surprise . I guess im a little worried cause I got a positive the day after my missed period so I guess to me it doesn't add up .

Maybe you implanted a little late too? It all makes such a big difference at this stage. When is your next scan? xx

Maybe you implanted a little late too? It all makes such a big difference at this stage. When is your next scan? xx

For my dr office idk im waiting for them to call & tell me when . But I get two free ultrasounds at these pregnancy resource centers I live by and I have those on the 14th & the other on the 18th .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->