early scans

nugget80

Reaction score
Hello to all... just wondering if anyone can help. I got my bfp on tuesday and am so happy but after a mmc last year I am seeking an early scan for reassurance. When is the best time to get one done? My cycle is only 24 days so some online counters put me at 4 weeks on tuesday. If I go by a 28 day cycle would be 4 weeks today. Which do I go by and when should I aim for early scan? Hoping someone can help... x

I think 6 weeks is probably as early as you'll get.

I would go your cycle length, that's more accurate.

I would try and hang on until 6+4/5/6 as more likely to see a hb at that stage!

I hope you manage to get a reassurance scan x

I'd go for 6/7wks, wait as long as you can without going crazy! Good luck and wishing you a h&h 9 months xx

I had scans from 4+3 with lo but that's because I'm high risk.
I think you should wait till 7 weeks so you can see hb.

7 or 8 weeks, if you are not sure of dates and you are a week or so out and see nothing its the oppisit of what you need, atm im waiting for 3rd scan as id a mc and got pregnant right away with no AF in the middle so dating this pregnancy has been a stab in the dark, atm we dunno if theres a baby or not, we just know there is a healthy round sack thats grown at a normal rate inbetween a 10 day span and measures at around the 5 week mark, its been nerve wrecking to say the least, next scan on 27th December to see whats going on in there! if i could go back in time id tell myself to wait until Janunary to get a scan, i dunno whats gonna happen but i do know the waiting from scan to scan to scan has been 110% worse that if i had of just waited in 1st place

At 7-8 weeks you will see all you need to be reassured, 5,6 weeks its not uncommon it seems to see nothing only to go back a week or two later and see baby!

I had mine at 8 weeks. Could see the little heart beating away xx

Thanks for all the advice... Was thinking 7/8 weeks and booking for week after I go back to work. Would be 7 +5 at that point by cycle length and 7+1 by lmp... :)

Like others have said waiting until 7 weeks would probably be best - I imagine not seeing a baby would be very stressful, especially if you're anxious to begin with.

I had no idea how far along I was so I really lucked out and ended up getting mine at 7 w 2 d and it was wonderful. :happydance: I got to see Baby's heart flickering away at 150 beats per minute and got 2 sweet pictures to take home.

Best of luck and try not to worry - I'm sure the experience will be wonderful for you too!

I go at 6w but it's super small, just a few mm. A lot more to see at 7-8w if you can hold out xx

I've had early scans due to recuurant mmcs. I self referred to my local EPAU (who know me by face and name!) and she took blood HCG levels. She then booked me in for a scan around 6 weeks but more so once HCG rises above 5000-6000 which is when they expect to see at least something once levels hit that. Pregnancy is a scary time especially after loss. I've had 2 so far (6 and 6+4) and having another at 7+4 to reassure me over Xmas as I've had spotting on and off!

Fingers crossed you get seen hun :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->