early ultrasound experts

3babesforme

Reaction score
today i managed to get in an early ultrasound. i'm 5 weeks 6 days according to LMP, but 5 weeks 1 day according to ovulation. All that was seen was gestational sac and yolk sac. I can't help but be a little concerned. HCG had more than doubled in 48 hours, in fact the word the doctor used was "your HCG skyrocketed, it's way up there." And then he said everything looked great and HCG matched what we saw on the ultrasound. ughhhh i was hoping to see a heartbeat.

I wouldn't go by your LMP, being just over 5 weeks is still so early so don't get too worried. They could only see the gestational and yolk sac when I went at 5+6 (since ovulation) and my doctor reassured me that as long as the hCG is great that's all that matters! It's just still early.

That's a perfect scan for 5w1d. I'd go by ovulation date vs lmp. Give it a week then you'll see heartbeat. It's not really seen until 5w4day earliest and usually not until 6w to 6w3d. All sounds fine.

My doctor offered me an early ultrasound because I've had a couple early losses, but he advised that I wait until at least 7 weeks to get it done because before that (in week 6), seeing the heartbeat is hit and miss and in week 5, you normally can't.

Sounds like exactly what you would expect during an ultrasound at 5 weeks, and as long as everything matches up (as you said it did) then you have nothing to worry about :flower:

yeah i was using OPKs so i know i ovulated 5 days later than when i should've. HCG doubling time is 32 hours so i think all is okay. i was just REALLY hoping to see a babe :baby::flower:

There wouldn't be a heart to see at 5+1. Sounds like you saw an amazing amount of stuff and I'd be very happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->