Early ultrasound - will I see anything?

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I hope you ladies don't mind me posting. I am unsure if I'm pregnant. It's definitely possible and I think that I am, but I haven't had a positive test yet. If I am pregnant, I wouldn't be very far along. I don't have any dates to go off though because I'm still breastfeeding and I haven't had a period yet.

Anyway, I have an ultrasound tomorrow to check my ovaries. If I am pregnant, would it be possible for them to tell? Even if I'm only around 4 weeks along? I know there wouldn't be a whole lot to see at this point, but to find out for sure if I am pregnant or not would be great.

Thanks In advance for any thoughts on this :flower:

Have you taken a test ? That would be a way to tell especially if you are about 4 weeks!! An ultrasound won't show anything if you are that early, maybe thickened lining and very Maybe a sac.. I'd say a blood test to check bhcg would be your best bet!!

If you're pregnant, there might be a teeny little empty sac. You might see a little embryo and/or yolk in there if you are pregnant, but that's maybe a 20% chance. You might see nothing at all and still be pregnant. You've got a much better chance of a BFP.

If you aren't getting a positive pregnancy test yet then you definitely won't see anything related to pregnancy on the ultrasound. Can I ask what makes you think you are pregnant if you haven't gotten a positive pregnancy test?

If you are too early to get a positive hpt, then you are likely too early to see anything on an ultrasound.

I agree if you are not getting a positive test yet, you won't see anything. I advise against early ultrasounds unless there is medical concern, it will leave you worried most likely.

Thanks for the input :flower:

As for why I think I'm pregnant - the other day I noticed that my boobs are super sore. My first thought was a clogged duct or mastitis. I asked on a breastfeeding group I'm in and someone asked if I could be pregnant since I have no other symptoms of a breastfeeding related issue.

I took a test this morning and there's a super faint line, but I don't trust that it's a definite positive quite yet (I've had bad luck with FRER recently). Soon enough I'll dibs out, but I was hoping that maybe I'd be able to have an answer after my ultrasound.

If there's even a faint line that's a good sign

I hope you ladies don't mind me posting. I am unsure if I'm pregnant. It's definitely possible and I think that I am, but I haven't had a positive test yet. If I am pregnant, I wouldn't be very far along. I don't have any dates to go off though because I'm still breastfeeding and I haven't had a period yet.

Anyway, I have an ultrasound tomorrow to check my ovaries. If I am pregnant, would it be possible for them to tell? Even if I'm only around 4 weeks along? I know there wouldn't be a whole lot to see at this point, but to find out for sure if I am pregnant or not would be great.

Thanks In advance for any thoughts on this :flower:

Theres a possibility of a sac as pp posters have said but your best bet would be to request a beta hcg it can detect any hcg that may be found in your system and are more reliable than urine hpts because those are subject to variation.

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test648462

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test648459

Here's the links to my test pictures. The quality isn't great but I hope they're good enough :) Irl it's easier to see. But still not enough to make me confident it's a bfp.

If definitely ask for bhcg, you'll have a definitive answer then!!

Sorry, I can't see anything on those pics, they look negative to me. However, as you say, it's not always easy to see on pics! Did you see anything on the ultrasound yesterday? I agree with the others... go get a blood test done as that will tell you for sure.

I see a faint line on the first one if I use the greyscale & lighten options, but not invert. I don't see anything on the 2nd. Test again in a couple days, or get a blood test. Good luck!

I see faint lines on both, unless I have a bad case of line eye lol. You wouldn't see anything on ultrasound in the TWW. I had a scan done the cycle I became pregnant with my third to check ovulation. I got my BFP the day after the scan so I was already pregnant but they never saw anything. I would go for the blood test if you want to find out. Good luck!

I do think I see a faint line on the first, but it could be evap. I agree the best option is to ask for a blood test. Or you can buy some internet cheapie tests to keep on hand as well.

sorry hun i cant see anything but its probably my laptop as others of said if its not showing on hpt then its unlikely to show on scan especially with such sensitive tests as they detect pregnancy very soon after implantation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->