Early weaning 4 months ideas

F

FierceAngel

started luisa on baby rice this week for many reasons.. saw hv on weds and they agreed with my descion even though they are ment to advise 6 months they have been helpful..

luisa is now having some porridge after her morning bottle(8-9am)
then some mashed banana with milk at about 11
another bottle at about midday and then at 4-5pm
baby rice at 6.30 ish
and a bottle or breast at 8 before bed

she is having 26-32 ozs of formula a day and feeding from me for about 20 mins

im quite keen to stay away from the jars as i am a sahm and will enjoy preparing and stocking up on meals for her plus its cheaper!

so to my questions!!!

i am using cow and gate porridge and heinz baby rice also have two meals (boxed kind) broccoli cheese and rice with veg and some different cerals banana sunrisenstrawberry and banana etc

yesterdasy i cooked apples and pears purred them and froze them..

any6 ideas on what i could do for her?

should i cook some veg (courgette/carrott/broccoli) and mix the puree with the baby rice?

everything i have bought was sutible from 4 months x

ye hun u can use most veggies. iv been maki keir:

carrot n turnip puree
carrot n parsnip puree
brocolli and calliflower puree
apple and dried apricots puree
pear puree
avacado and banana puree
sweet potato puree
butternut squash & lentils
lentils a carrot
avacado & kiwi

jus need 2 make sure its all pureed and de seeded 1st

hope thts given u sum ideas

o ye and papaya lol u can add baby rice and on milk 2 all of these 4 right consistency if u wish

xx

carrot, green beans, mashed potato (milky), butternut squash and sweet potato purees all very popular here :D normally add a bit of rice or potato and milk to the mix. Going to try avocado as soon as it ripens! and apple sauce and rice for pudding.

I've found this thread really useful fierce angel as I'm gong to start early weaning on monday and was wondering what to introduce and when. Did you start straightaway with what you listed or did you just give a little porridge and baby rice at first ???
Celinexx

I've found this thread really useful fierce angel as I'm gong to start early weaning on monday and was wondering what to introduce and when. Did you start straightaway with what you listed or did you just give a little porridge and baby rice at first ???
Celinexx

We started Phoebe on baby rice for around 10 days but she soon got bored with it, we have tried carrots but she wasn't to sure about those but she loves her banana.

We started really slowly as we early weaned but as from tomorrow I am going to start blending all my own veg for her.

Celinexx

i gave her baby rice the first day and she ate it so fast lol

so tried her on porridge in the morning.. she loved it!

first fruit and veg i tried was banana then apple, pear, cauliflower.

tried carrott last night and she didnt like it lol

she has brocolli tonight :)

i have been making it and freezing it in some stage one weaning pots i found in boots then defrosting and warming them in the pot.. then giving it to her from the pot if tht makes sense!

havent mixed any of the fruit or veg with baby rice yet just getting her used to each one..

ive just bought swede, turnip, payapa, green beans today :)

she has also had a strawberry ceral from cow and gate and a banana one from heinz

so far so good.. although i will say wen she tries something new she always spits it put at first but i think its more that she is running her tongue over it and pushing it out iykwim!

the HV said to be careful the solids do not replace the milk till she is 6 months.. she has gone from 32 ozs to 25ozs and 2 very short BFing sessions... so although its gone down i think she was having too much milk before...

I was just coming onto ask the same thing, i started feeding my son about 4.5 months and have been doing it sporadically. We did the baby rice for awhile which he loved, tried banana which he hated dont think it was soft enough so will try again, and today pureed up some carrots for him. At the beginning he wasn't quite sure, but seemed to like it at the end. It will be carrot every day for the next week or so.
I have only been feeding him once a day should i be doing it more, baby rice in the morning and some carrot in the afternoon. I thought you were supposed to stick at one food at a time.

its not one food at a time, its one NEW food at a time. If he's been eating carrots for 3 days, you know he's good with carrots, so its ok to have carrots and potatos for dinner, because if theres a reaction, you know its the potatos. Or its ok to have banana for breakfast, and carrots for dinner. Again you would know its the banana causing the reaction.

Try mashing the banana with a bit of babys usual milk, might like it then.

yup my hv said one new thing at a time as above :)

luisa wont eat banana unless it is with quite a bit of milk :)

as for feeding more often i think it depends on yr lo..

just be careful tht they dont cut down milk feeds before 6 months as the food shouldnt be replacing the milk...

luisa has had the following for 3 days now..

sat
7.30am 7oz bottle and 10 mins of bfing
9am strawberry and banana ceral (c&g one)
11am 7oz bottle
1pm apple (about 6 small spoons worth)
3pm 7oz bottle
5pm cauliflower
7pm 7oz bottle

sun
7.30am 7oz bottle and 10 mins of bfing
9am porridge (c&g one) and 15 mins later pear
11am 7oz bottle
3pm 7oz bottle
5pm brocolli
7pm 7oz bottle

monday (today so far 11am)
7.30 7oz bottle
9am porridge
10.30 7oz bottle

times are roughly and each time she has a bottle it takes her about an hour to drink it.. she will drink half then have rest 20 mins later :dohh:

she also has water in a sippy cup throughout the day prob about 3-5ozs each day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->