Easiflow & freeflow beakers ??

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Is there a difference?? :blush: If so does anyone know what it is??

I can't find any info, anywhere. I currently use a Tomme Tippee first cup but don't know where to go from here........

I'd ideally like to get him one that he doesn't need to suck really hard on, to get his water out. I'm also going to start him on cows milk in a couple of weeks, just in the morning at first, and need something for him to drink that out of, rather than his bottle.

I have a NUK cup which my boy likes, and a tommee tippee cup (the cheap one with the flip up rigid spout.) He has used these since he started with a cup. Both of them are free flow, and if he shakes his cup the water/ milk comes flying out. Is that the type you have? Cos if so, I don't think you need to chamge until he starts on an adult cup/ drinking glass. Usually it is tommee tippee for water and Nuk for milk but on occasion it is different and he never minds.

I bought sooooooo many cups and beakers and I found the AVENT magic cups are the best!

You get small ones for waeaning babies and bigger ones for 12 month+

x

the free flow ones I think just comes out of the spout with no sucking? We found them to messy as Hannah learned quite quickly to turn them upside down and shake them to get water out :dohh:

We use the Nuby straw cups for Hannah though they say 18+ months she's had them since around 8 months and does really well with them. She doesn't have to suck hard to get the water/milk out but it makes so much less mess than some of the others we tried

I have a NUK cup which my boy likes, and a tommee tippee cup (the cheap one with the flip up rigid spout.) He has used these since he started with a cup. Both of them are free flow, and if he shakes his cup the water/ milk comes flying out. Is that the type you have? Cos if so, I don't think you need to chamge until he starts on an adult cup/ drinking glass. Usually it is tommee tippee for water and Nuk for milk but on occasion it is different and he never minds.

Yes he's using the Tommee Tippee first cup, which I think is free flow. I'll have a look at the NUK ones as I could really do with something bigger, especially for his night time milk.

Thanks.

Haven't done much research into cups yet but Poppy has just gone from the Tommee Tippee freeflow one to the next stage which is an easyflow so she needs to suck to get the water out. I am sure I read somewhere that it's not good for their teeth for them to have to suck to get the liquid out though ??? Is that right? Not that she has any teeth yet :)

Haven't done much research into cups yet but Poppy has just gone from the Tommee Tippee freeflow one to the next stage which is an easyflow so she needs to suck to get the water out. I am sure I read somewhere that it's not good for their teeth for them to have to suck to get the liquid out though ??? Is that right? Not that she has any teeth yet :)

I think it's better for them if they don't have to suck, or if they do suck then to use a cup with a straw. No idea why, something to do with their speech :huh: and keeping the drink away from their teeth (if it's not water). :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->