Eat To Perform...

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
Just wanted to share...

www.eattoperform.com

In the past year I've been working on building more muscle- and in the past 6mos, lifting heavier and seeing some great results! So now- it's about getting my body to perform at it's best to help the cause! lol.

Just excited in the changes I've already made- and looking forward to more to come... as I've been following this site for a while and implemented a new eating plan this week (more calories- but the RIGHT kind. Including lean protein/carbs/healthy fat).

Kind of a different mind set to eat more to perform better... but I'm ready!!! :happydance:

I've only taken advantage of the free advise (calorie counter) on the site- and read many of the blogs. I also do what makes sense for me - given my personal, long term, goals. ;)

Hi, I'm very much in the same position as you :)

I have been losing weight since March and just hit my target weight. I've been lifting heavy for about 3 months and am absolutely blown away by the results I'm getting! I have actual real life abs starting to show through :happydance: and I love my new arms! I am a runner and since starting weight training I've found that I have so much more power in my legs, when I run I feel like I could just keep going and going!

Nutrition wise I think I'm also doing what you're doing. I have upped my calorie intake to maintenance for muscle building and I am watching my macro nutrients. I aim to hit a daily ratio of 40% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fats. I also try to make sure the majority of my carbs go into my breakfast and lunch and my evening meal is mostly protein, (eg steak and salad! :) ) I am starting to find that if I eat crap my performance dips so I try my best to only eat good nutritious foods and make sure that my fats are all good fats. I also make sure I have a protein shake straight after I finish a lifting session.

I like the look of the link you've posted, I will definitely be having a good read of it later :)

Are you following aspecific lifting program? I've just been following one that was set up by one of the trainers at my local gym, but I've just started reading "new rules of lifting for women" and I'm planning to start that in the new year.

I've actually just kinda developed my own program- lol. I take Power class twice a week- and every 6mos (give or take) I up my weights a little- and over times I've built more strength and muscle just taking that class. Now I've added in legs 2 times a week also-- and working my way up weight wise little by little.

it's amazing how much you can do when you try!!! I never thought I'd press as much as I now do- or lift as much! I'm no heavy weight- hehe- but I do love seeing the changes and feeling stronger :)

Kudos to you too!!!! Yay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->