Eating disorder recovery support thread!

Do you have anyone you can speak to about this e.g. husband/partner/close friend? Next time you feel this way, confide in them and explain to them why you feel the need to hurt yourself. Grab a cuddle, good book or a relaxing bath. Reflect on how it made you feel and have measures in place to help you focus on something other than self-destructive behaviours.

I used to punish myself when I felt destructive, but in fact needed to take care of myself. I felt a nice, bubbly bath really helped me to chill and relax. Stay positive. :)

My husband, yeah. He knows everything about my past (though I haven't told him some details, for his own sanity lol). I didn't do anything, except not eat for a while. I didn't hurt myself. I still have some measure of control over it. I wanted to tell him, but he has a lot going on right now and is worried and distracted over that and I don't want to add to it...

I've been reading a lot, cuddling and playing with the baby, looking online for Christmas shopping ideas.

Perhaps you could just mention it in passing just so he is aware of it? Alternatively have a few phone numbers of friends/family handy that you can rely on when you need them. :hugs:

Perhaps you could just mention it in passing just so he is aware of it? Alternatively have a few phone numbers of friends/family handy that you can rely on when you need them. :hugs:

Yeah, I have a few friends that I can text/call. I just don't know what set it off. I haven't been depressed, not for quite a long time actually. Dunno if I had a bad dream or what, I just woke up and it was strong and took my all to fight it.

I'm just scared to tell my DH.....

Try and pick a time where there aren't any other distractions and you are both relaxed.

I'll aim for dinner time or when we go to bed tonight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->