Ebay buyer collecting

highhopes19

Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower:

Me and my oh sold Isabelle's toy kitchen on ebay, it was brand new in the box and we brought it to keep at my mums and dads house as she spends a lot of time there during the week whilst were both working and thought it would be nice for her to have there... My dad was fine and said it was a good idea as her smaller one there we brought her she had outgrown... But my mum said she couldn't see the point and said to either take it back or try to sell it...

Its in a massive box and was a struggle to get in the car so we thought saves putting all the seats down taking all the stuff out again put it on ebay :thumbup:.

Anyway it sold.... Right up till the last 10 seconds these 2 ladies were constantly bidding against each other then the last second a man came in (well guessing man by ebay I'd :haha:) and out bidded them and won.

I emailed him after saying " hi (name) thanks for bidding and when would you like to collect?" This was Friday.... I haven't heard anything back :shrug:. I'm going away on Tuesday and as you can imagine is taking up way loads of space at my mums... And he only lives round the corner when I checked where he lived :dohh:.

Am I the only one in thinking that if you've got enough time to sit and watch an ebay auction go down to last 10 seconds to outbid everyone... You don't just come offline straight after the common decency thing to do is email back the seller :shrug:.

Perhaps it's just me but I've got a strange feeling he's messing me around :dohh:

Did you state in the listing that you were going away? He should be in touch to arrange a convenient time to collect but he does have 7 days to pay. Some people are paid monthly on the 15 of the month so he may be waiting on payday.
Don't accept paypal, cash on collection only. If he pays by PayPal he could end up scamming you.

He may have also used a bidsniper to bid for him so wasnt physically watch the auction go down.

No I didnt perhaps I should of then :( mainly I can't bear to hear my mum keep moaning about it lol

I think its a bit rude just to bid on something if you have no intention of collecting/paying till you next get paid :(, I just think if I was to buy something I would ask the seller if they mind holding If I was to win till such n such a day not just go ahead and expect it... Even an email after replying to mine saying could you hold till whenever would be better than no communication at all.

I find ebay so frustrating at times

X

I wouldn't tell him you're going away! You don't want a stranger knowing your house is empty xx

Hi everyone :flower:

Me and my oh sold Isabelle's toy kitchen on ebay, it was brand new in the box and we brought it to keep at my mums and dads house as she spends a lot of time there during the week whilst were both working and thought it would be nice for her to have there... My dad was fine and said it was a good idea as her smaller one there we brought her she had outgrown... But my mum said she couldn't see the point and said to either take it back or try to sell it...

Its in a massive box and was a struggle to get in the car so we thought saves putting all the seats down taking all the stuff out again put it on ebay :thumbup:.

Anyway it sold.... Right up till the last 10 seconds these 2 ladies were constantly bidding against each other then the last second a man came in (well guessing man by ebay I'd :haha:) and out bidded them and won.

I emailed him after saying " hi (name) thanks for bidding and when would you like to collect?" This was Friday.... I haven't heard anything back :shrug:. I'm going away on Tuesday and as you can imagine is taking up way loads of space at my mums... And he only lives round the corner when I checked where he lived :dohh:.

Am I the only one in thinking that if you've got enough time to sit and watch an ebay auction go down to last 10 seconds to outbid everyone... You don't just come offline straight after the common decency thing to do is email back the seller :shrug:.

Perhaps it's just me but I've got a strange feeling he's messing me around :dohh:

If u dont get a reply after 7 days do a second chance offer to the last bidder

What's his feedback like?
We had something similar with a sofa we sold. The guy messed us around.

I would give 7 days then file npb

No I didnt perhaps I should of then :( mainly I can't bear to hear my mum keep moaning about it lol

I think its a bit rude just to bid on something if you have no intention of collecting/paying till you next get paid :(, I just think if I was to buy something I would ask the seller if they mind holding If I was to win till such n such a day not just go ahead and expect it... Even an email after replying to mine saying could you hold till whenever would be better than no communication at all.

X

But if hes getting paid within 7 days hes within the time frame ebay gives for a buyer to pay.

You can open a case after 48 hours if you really want to but I would wait until Friday personally.

yeh I would wait. I have bid on stuff finishing in the few days before payday with the plan to pay on payday. As long as its within ebays given time then its not an issue. I have had people hassle me for payment within hours of an auction ending which I thought was really rude and told them so. I also left neutral feedback as a result. I often bid on items on my phone if I am not at home but would never use a payment method online via my phone as its just to easy to be hacked so cant neccesarily pay straight away.

I would give him more time. It might be inconvenient but he hasn't actually done anything wrong yet

yeh I would wait. I have bid on stuff finishing in the few days before payday with the plan to pay on payday. As long as its within ebays given time then its not an issue. I have had people hassle me for payment within hours of an auction ending which I thought was really rude and told them so. I also left neutral feedback as a result. I often bid on items on my phone if I am not at home but would never use a payment method online via my phone as its just to easy to be hacked so cant neccesarily pay straight away.

I would give him more time. It might be inconvenient but he hasn't actually done anything wrong yet

I always mark sellers down in their communication stars if I get constant emails to pay....once I got 2 within 24 hours and I also had a guy ring me within 20 min of auction ending asking when I was going to pay! Drives me crazy.

Bit of an update... I've received no emails from him but logged on just now to see if he had emailed me back which he hasn't but he has paid for the item through PayPal...

The kitchen is a collection item and ebay have advised me before collection items should be paid for in cash so I've emailed him saying Thankyou for payment and have refunded Him explaining why I have etc.

I don't wanna risk him paying PayPal coming to collect item but then saying he hasn't collected and PayPal refunding him when he has (I didn't tell him that though didnt want him thinking I though he was a thief :haha:)

Perhaps it's not the right thing but I don't know.... I just don't wanna risk that :shrug:

Yes that is the right thing to do.
If he doesn't collect and pay cash you can offer it to the next highest bidder.

Yep the right thing to do, hopefully he'll arrange to collect soon

I always mark sellers down in their communication stars if I get constant emails to pay....once I got 2 within 24 hours and I also had a guy ring me within 20 min of auction ending asking when I was going to pay! Drives me crazy.

Depending on the seller's site preferences, it may actually be eBay that sends you an invoice, not the seller. I know eBay will send an end of auction notice to the buyer. If the seller is new, perhaps they might NOT know that eBay does this and may send another one as well. DSR'S ( or stars as you call them) determine where a sellers listing gets placed. Those stars are meant to reflect NO communication or if your concerns were addressed in a timely and professional manner. Some sellers rely on eBay as their only source of income. And to unfairly penalize them because you find it annoying is quite selfish.

The seller I was talking to started telling me within hours of auction end that she had a policy of payment within two days. When I pointed out there was no mention of this in her auction she was incredibly rude. If people are using it as a business they should also be employing customer service same as any other business.

Depending on the seller's site preferences, it may actually be eBay that sends you an invoice, not the seller. I know eBay will send an end of auction notice to the buyer. If the seller is new, perhaps they might NOT know that eBay does this and may send another one as well. DSR'S ( or stars as you call them) determine where a sellers listing gets placed. Those stars are meant to reflect NO communication or if your concerns were addressed in a timely and professional manner. Some sellers rely on eBay as their only source of income. And to unfairly penalize them because you find it annoying is quite selfish.

Im talking about multiple invoices with personal msgs from the seller such as payment needed ASAP within 8 hours of each other. The stars say was communication in a timely manner. ...well it was too much too close together so yes I feel lile I can mark them down on that!

You did the right thing.
Never accept PayPal when it's collction too . Some scammers pay by PayPal, pick it up, then file an item not received.
You end up with no money or item!

I got a reply from him this morning stating he doesn't wish to pay by cash and wants to pay by PayPal because of buyer protection.........sooooo what about my protection as a seller then!

Just come and bloody collect it! I'm really losing patience now!

Edit to add: didnt mean the last bit to sound so harsh but he's picking apart every bit of the message I sent him quoting even time I sent email of refund and has now phoned ebay to check that I phoned them!

X

This!!! I agree.

What accepted payment type did you put in the original listing?

I personally wouldn' bid on ssomethin on eBay unless I had the money to pay there and then.. I've always been the same and expect the same from buyers.. If they can't pay straight away then I at least expect an email explaining when they will..

Again personally I wouldn't put up with zero communication.. Especially when you've specifically emailed them first.. There's only so many times you should have to ask someone, you shouldn't feel like you're pestering someone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->