ebay help - how long before opening dispute?

NDH

5 on earth, 9 in heaven, 1 in utero
Reaction score
Today I realised that i'm still waiting on sunglasses I ordered from the UK a while ago so logged in to check on details. I ordered June 21st! I've ordered a few things from the UK before and generally it takes two weeks, sometimes a l?ittle faster.
I've had stuff from china arrive faster - in fact I don't think I've ever had an order from china, with free postage even, take more than 3 1/2 weeks.

I have til the 4th to open a dispute. The seller has 99.8% feedback so its unlikely they've not sent it at all. It does say postage may take a little longer to arrive but as I didn't pay for sea mail I still don't see how it should have taken longer than 2-3 weeks. Postage was £3.

How long would you wait to open a dispute?

Thanks.

I would contact the seller first and if you don't get a response you should open your dispute on the 4th, although the seller may respond and might refund you or send out another pair if you don't receive them by the time stated. :flower:

I would open a case on the 3rd if still not arrived and close the case when they do arrive case has about 10 days i think, if they arrive and you close the case it doesnt get logged on there account. Just covers you incase this way x

Thanks everyone.

I would contact them and wait a day or two and then start a dispute. I wouldn't wait until the end. Ebay will just get rid of the dispute if you end up getting it before. They'll also contact the seller and will take care of it from there.

I've contacted the seller. Hoping for a response in a day or two. I'll wait another week before opening a dispute (if the seller doesn't offer a refund or resend or it doesn't arrive this week).

I can write this post myself :dohh:

I ordered LO's pram a pvc raincover on the 10th and paid for it the same day all within the UK!!! the seller apparently dispatched on the 12th and i was meant to receive by the 19th.

I waited till noon-day on the 19th and contacted the seller, apparently they didnt have a tracking order number and i also paid £3 postage :dohh:

I then contacted the seller who said that "it must still be in transit" i agreed to give it another 3 days, still no sign of it!! i contacted the seller again today who agreed to send out a replacement.

I think i would contact the seller and ask if they have sent the item? also ebay send a note if the parcel has been dispatched by the seller. If there is no sign of it by the 4th then your eligiable to open a dispute 4 days after the estimated delivery date which i may do if the raincover doesnt come within another week *sigh*

I'd leave it until you're about to run out of time to dispute x

They're sending another pair.

Best method really, all decent retailers should help their customer either by a refund or resending goods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->