ebay help

dgirllamius

Lena's Mutter
Reaction score
I can't find anything about this anywhere so hoping someone here will know.

I sold something on ebay via auction and on there is says I only post to Germany.

The winning bidder is from Austria. If I have said I only post to Germany then do I have to sell him the item? (dumb question I know...) He hasn't paid yet but keeps messaging me asking to send an invoice for sending it to Austria. To be honest I don't want to send it there because I've sold things to other countries before and had no end of problems (usually them saying they didn't receive it, it arrived broke etc).

What do you do when this happens? It clearly says posts to Germany and that's it. :shrug:

I would just mail him and ask if he has a postal address in Germany as you only send within

You need to select that in your options then it wont let people from other countries bid on it, simply writing it in the auctiond description is not enough.
You need to cancel the sale and tell him you do not post outside of Germany. Then offer it to the second highest bidder as a second chance offer.

I would just mail him and ask if he has a postal address in Germany as you only send within

Do not do this, only send to the address registered with paypal. You are not protected if you send to a different address.

I haven't just written in the item description that I post to Germany, I actually set it when I made the auction like it says in the screenshot. I've also set it to no international postage like in the other screenshot.

I've read some people will put an address of the country its listed just to bypass it. He doesn't have a German address.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-18-09-35-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-18-09-35-31.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2013-10-18-09-38-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-18-09-38-48.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 16
Yes so he must have done that to bypass.
Id mention to the second chance person that the winner lives outside of Germany so you can't post to them, just so*they dont think it's shill bidding.
What a pain!

I'd just inform him that I don't ship internationally and cancel the sale. You're not obligated to send something internationally if you don't want to, and you're covered since you've listed (and included it in the description) the item as only being available domestically.

Either that, or offer him a crazy amount for shipping :haha: that should teach him to respect a sellers decision to where they want to ship :haha:

this happened to me a few weeks ago,
I just emailed the lady and told her it stated I only would post to the UK and that I couldn't post it to her so she wasn't to pay for the item and that I had relisted it. I had no problem :)

Ive had this not so long ago, I only post to the Uk just due to hassle etc and the other person kicked up a right stink but I just simply phoned ebay and they sorted it for me really quickly and they were in the wrong and not me thank god!! :) Hope you got it sorted! xx

Yeah I got it sorted. There was somewhere I could say I don't send abroad and eBay sorted it. The bidder was okay with it even though he kicked up a bit of a stink beforehand.

I've relisted it now so I hope someone from abroad doesnt win it again -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"