ebay, where do I stand?

catty

Reaction score
I was selling something on ebay (wish I hadnt bothered) and the person paid by echeque it said the money was still pending so I didnt send until this had cleared ( 7 days later) I emailed the buyer to let her know I was sending the parcel the next day. I ended up missing the post office as it was a bank holiday here and it was closed. Anyway I posted it after that and I have came in today to a case from ebay saying she wants a full refund.
I am aware I should have posted it the day that I said but it is posted now and she should get it very shortly. I explained this to her and she just said I was rude for asking her to close the case.
If I give her a refund am I entitled to get the nappies back? If not I really dont want to refund as I will lost out on the money I paid to post it and the item itself.

Safe to say this will be the ladt time i use ebay, do you know where I stand?

No you don't have to refund just yet. Do you have receipt of postage? If so, then Ebay will make her return the item if she wants a refund.

If you've got proof of postage then you don't have to refund her as its clear you sent it. As cases are usually open for several weeks hopefully she'll close the case once she's received them, if not then you will just have to prove to PayPal with your proof of postage that you did send the item.
If she leaves you negative feedback, you can respond to it underneath so others can see that it wasn't really your fault (seriously, who sends echeques!?)

Yes I have reciept of postage and have emailed the details. The thing is I didnt charge her the full amount of the postage so if she sends it back shel only really be getting about 50p - I just dont see the point in all this.

Think I need to stop replying now im getting wound up

If you've sent it and she receives it then I don't see what she can do to be honest.

Though she will probably say she wants a refund anyway - some people on ebay are such asshats. I hate how ebay sides with the buyer - the customer ain't always right!

Iv used ebay for years all my feedback is 100% but I bet I have to pay her back and she gets the nappies for free that are worth about £20. Owell lesson learned not to use ebay again

If she insists on a refund i think you are within your rights to withhold the refund until you receive the item back at her expense... Once she realises she has to post them back at her expense and wait until you receive them before you will refund she may change her mind...

This happened to me but the issue was the person hadnt realised he had paid by echeque and thought i had took 10 days to post (thats how long cheque took to clear)! She will most likely close the case once she receives the nappies.

If she insists on a refund i think you are within your rights to withhold the refund until you receive the item back at her expense... Once she realises she has to post them back at her expense and wait until you receive them before you will refund she may change her mind...

^^ This.

Tell her nicey nicey you are more than happy to issue her a full refund when you receive the item back.

She will then need to cover her postage cost to send back (you don't refund this - it's buyers expense!)

She'll soon back down. You don't need to issue any refund until the nappies are back with you....and eBay does agree to this, and if you communicate so eBay will see your correspondence too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->