Ectopic - Surgery vs Methotrexate

Aww babes not sure maybe once your body gets all sorted out then they can do a lap just to see how damaged the tube is.

I agree with Amy. I wouldn't make any decisions until you know how good or bad the tube is. Right now I am wishing they had taken out my tube instead of repairing it, because I will always be paranoid about another baby getting stuck in there. I know if this pregnancy turns out to be ectopic, I will demand they take the tube out this time! Keep us updated hunni!

I am on my way home :wohoo:
Have been told to get bloods redone on Monday and, as soon as my hcg drops to 0 I can schedule a HSG to check what I'm left with.

Thats awesome news. Hope the numbers go down quickly so you can get some answers.

Thats good news hun!

I hope the HSG shows up that the damaged tube is not going to cause u any probs and fyi- take some strong painkillers BEFORE your HSG ;-) i had one a few yrs ago and all i can say is ouch! painkillers would of deffo taken the edge off it. Good luck and hope all goes well for u xxx

Hormone levels in blood have dropped! They were hcg 356,progesterone 7 a few days ago...now hcg 136, progesterone 2.9!!!!!
Surgery cancelled (for now). Just going to have a scan to double check.
Can't believe it! Think the disgusting Chinese herbs and accu might have helped! :yipee:

Of course that does leave the question - what do I do with a dodgy right tube? The consultant said this ectopic would probably block the tube permanently so it hopefully won't cause more probs. I do worry though that my body always uses that tube and will continue to do so but the poor eggy will never meet the :spermy:.

Blinking heck my body is annoying! :grr:

Great news about the surgery!

As I said earlier in this thread I had a tube removed due to ectopic and they were due to sterilise me due to the perceived risk of it happening again. I was booked for the surgery on 21 Jan 2010 and found out I was pregnant 11 weeks before this date.

I will never let them take my remaining tube, I will risk another ectopic! I also dont think they can assess the tube properly until its out. I would say hold on to what you have, and a hsg will maybe give a bigger insight ( or even give the tube a wee clear, so many people fall pregnant 1st cycle after an hsg)

I am delighted for you and think you have been very brave and strong. XXX

Had a wonderful weekend! Expected to be spending it glued to the sofa high on painkillers and instead I was making the most of feeling much much better. A few crampy twinges yesterday and no pain at all today :yipee: Also my test is looking very very faint. Never thought I would say this but I am so looking forward to a :bfn: and I am sooooo sick of peeing on sticks!!!
Got follow-up bloods tomorrow then will go about booking my HSG. :thumbup:

Thank you for all your ideas, advice and support which really helped get me through this horrible time :hugs:

So glad you had a wonderful weekend! Your PMA is really inspiring.

I am so sorry this has happened again to you. I dont know if you know but Methotrexate is a chemotherapy drug which is used to treat cancer aswell.... i am a nurse and if it were me i would avoid any cytotoxic treatment as much as possible.. i dont know what the dose is in the shot for your cause but its a very very strong drug with many side effects.

At the end of the day you need to gather all the information about both and then make an informed choice that is right for you. Whatever decision you make will be the right one. Good Luck!

I am so sorry this has happened again to you. I dont know if you know but Methotrexate is a chemotherapy drug which is used to treat cancer aswell.... i am a nurse and if it were me i would avoid any cytotoxic treatment as much as possible.. i dont know what the dose is in the shot for your cause but its a very very strong drug with many side effects.

At the end of the day you need to gather all the information about both and then make an informed choice that is right for you. Whatever decision you make will be the right one. Good Luck!

I have heard it's nasty stuff! That's why I am so glad I got away not having that or surgery. Hpt is almost negative today! :yipee:

Thats great news 2016! i am so glad it went as painlessly for you as possible(physically) i am sorry for your loss sweetie, but i am glad the outcome is as good as can be in this situation ;-) when are u having your HSG? xxx

Thats great news 2016! i am so glad it went as painlessly for you as possible(physically) i am sorry for your loss sweetie, but i am glad the outcome is as good as can be in this situation ;-) when are u having your HSG? xxx

Thanks. Not sure when the HSG will be....I asked when I went and had my (hopefully last) bloods done just now. The doc said they would try schedule asap assuming my numbers are still dropping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->