ectopic

HIBISCUS30

Reaction score
hi

im just out of hospital after suffering a ectopic pregnancy lost my left tube, been a devastating few days, just looking for a bit of hope from ladies who have gone on to have a normal pregnancy after a ectopic. just cant get out of my head that i may never have a baby xx

Aww hun i'm so sorry for you loss, i'm afraid i'm no help because i haven't gone through it but i didn't want to read and run. Hope someone can talk to you :hugs:

I had ectopic Oct 4, 2010 and just start to try to pregnant. Wish i'm luck and baby dust for you.

i had an ectopic in 2008 following 3 miscariages i also lost my left tube i then had 1 more miscairrage in early 2009 then fell pregnant in oct 2009 and have a lovely 7 month oldson and am ttc #3 give your body time to heal and im sure you will go on to have a happy and healthy pregnancy xx

thanks for reply ladies, the docs said there is a good chance will go on to have a normal pregnancy as i still have one good tube but the thought is always in my head that its going to happen again and i couldnt cope with that i feel like this is my last chance xx

i felt like that too i was so scared to get pregnant again incase i lost my remaining good tube then my chances would be over its totally normal to feel that way hun xxx

Hey!
I didnt want to read and run. I am sorry to hear of your recent ectopic. Do please be kind to yourself and as the other poster said- give your body time to heal.
I had an ectopic in Sept 2009, right tube removed. Waited three months and ttc again only to have an early MC. Again waited a month and ttc again to have a blighted ovum MC at 9 weeks. I then gave my body a complete physical and mental break. Took on Yoga and Acupuncture and got pregnant again 3 months later. I am now 8 months pregnant!
Please do not lose hope! You only need one egg and our bodies are amazing- did you know your remaining tube can sometimes 'catch' eggs from the other side! There is a place called the Ectopic Trust. Have a google. They are based in London and their forum has been a source of great comfort and information to me throughout the past years!.
As I said please do not give up hope. It is a long hard road but it can be done. However, do give your body a rest, going through an ectopic and surgery is tough and taxing so make sure you are kind to yourself.
Anything else you want to know or ask- please do so PM me anytime.
I wish you a quick recovery.
Minimin x

Just wanted to say sorry for your loss, i had a mmc in Feb 07 then a ectopic in May 07, i found it harder to recover from as it was such a long process and i spent weeks in hospital, however i waited 3 months before getting pregnant again and have a healthy 2 1/2 year old girl. have had another mmc in Nov 2010, but i get comfort knowing the little bean was in the right place, so you most definately can get pregnant again, and fingers crossed you have a healthy pregnancy, best of luck.

Hi :hugs:
I had an ectopic lasy April and lost a tube too. I started TTC in December and am waiting to test to see if I'm pregnant...so I haven't finished the journey yet, but wanted to give you hope that it will get better and you'll feel better. Have a break and rest up, it's physically and emotionally exhausting - your time will come :hugs:

Just wanted to say i am so very sorry.
Going through a ectopic is horrific as you not only lose your baby, you lose part of your fertility and go through all the pain/fear and heartache in one go.

I had a ruptured ectopic in Jan 10 and had emergency surgery to remove the left tube and our baby. Dr told us to wait 3mths before ttc again and said all should be fine as my right tube was healthy. we waited the required time and i started bleeding very heavily in July 10. Discovered i was pregnant again and this time it was ectopic in my right tube so had emergency surgery to have that removed too.
I was beyond devastated to lose both tubes as we have no children and we had only been married since xmas 09. I am coping better now though and we are waiting to have IVF. I WILL have my baby. One thing i would say, when you are ready to try again, just do it. I dont regret it at all. I had a lot of joy from the short times i was pregnant and would never change things. Things happen for a reason and having a 2nd ectopic is quite rare so i was just very unlucky. Even the hospital could not believe it happened twice in 6mths with a healthy tube xxx

thanks for replys ladies, africaqueen thats terrible to have 2 ectopics thats exactly what im afraid of happening but as you said is quite rare so im hoping will be one of the lucky ones, just dont feel that luck at the minute but im sure time will heal xx

You still have a good chance HIBISCUS30 my right tube removed 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my son (He now almost 3 years old) then I had ectopic on the left tube but Dr. keep the tube for me so I still can have a normal pregnant. ^_^

Hi Hibiscus.
Im so sorry for your loss. I had an ectopic in June 2010. I had the methotrexate injection as my form of treatment. I then waited 6 months before TTC again. It was the worst period of my life, but I am looking to the future.
I hope you have your forever baby soon.
Take care xx

ps: africaqueen, I am so sorry to hear of both your losses. You have been so unlucky. I hope the IVF goes well and you finally have the baby you long for. Good luck for the future xx

I`m so sorry hibiscus. :hugs:
I had an ectopic in June and was given methotrexate. It was a devestating experience and I think about my angel every day.
I thought I would share my good news with you, as I was always looking for women who had gotten pregnant after their ectopic:
Today, I got my :bfp:
I'm so excited, but of course terrified at the same time. But just like you I feared I wouldn't be able to get pregnant again, and here I am. So there IS hope, and so much of it. I'll be keeping an eye on my hcg levels, so I'm praying to see those numbers doubling. I'll keep you posted.
Take good care of yourself. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->