• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ecv

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
does anyone know if they do them if baby's engaged? got told the other day that katie might be breech, but she's engaged now. i so hope she's not cos i want my water birth!!!!

I'm not sure hun, my LO is breech and I was offered the ECV but nobody has said anything about him being engaged. I assumed that a baby can only engage if the head is down :shrug:

Hope you can have your water birth :hug:

xx

Don't think a baby can't engage if it's in breech position, engagement means the head is going below the pelvic rim.

well i've been told she is engaged, but they're not sure what part's down there. suppose i'll have to wait til thursday to find out lol!!

Yes a breech baby can engage. My daughter's bum engaged and quite fast too. At 36 weeks her bum was 4/5th engaged and at 37 weeks she was 1/5th engaged. I had her a week later, naturally! Obviously no-one was aware she was breech otherwise things would have been alot different! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"