EDD Dec. 08 and Zika?

Aneho0

Reaction score
Confirmed viable pregnancy with estimates due date given.

If you don't want to read all the details please skip to the area below the □□□□□
Long story short; before we headed to SE Asia for a mini vacation I had taken a pregnancy test just to ease my mind.
I changed BC from Nexplanon back to OC two months before hand so considered it have failing. It was negative.
Fast forward to mid month I began getting endless cramping and light spotting. The household got sick (even natives) from what we thought was food poisoning. After everyone recovered from their bug, my vomiting never ended. Coupled with the cramping and pain, I decided to take a pregnancy test. Instant BFP. I told myself it was impossible and I had to be super early (like when I found out for my other children) got a scan and lo and behold... The first test I had taken was a false negative!
I got all the scans and documents ready for when I returned to the US, as well as starting prenatals and folic acid.
When I returned to the US, my OB waited 5 days to see me so they could prepare the paperwork for the Zika testing. I already submitted my blood for testing but have to wait 2 weeks for the results.
□□□□□□
It is being heavily advised that if it's positive I have an abortion (something I've always been against doing) being almost 10 weeks, having to wait 2 weeks for results and then having to wait another 2 (apparently) for a scheduled surgical abortion to be made.... That would require a d&c.
I feel like I'm losing my head.
Though the country I traveled to has had a few documented cases of Zika, the area I was didn't have any outbreaks, mosquito counts were at it's lowest in the year (because it's summer there), myself or my family didn't get any bites so I know the chances of a positive test is low but it still kills me.
The challenge of having 4 under 4 with 1 potentially having major complications/deformities (as told by my OB) is too great. I feel like I would have no other option but to abort but I'm still having trouble coming to terms with the type of abortion that has to be done.

Has any of you been at risk for Zika during pregnancy?
I'm preparing for the worst result. I don't even know why I'm posting or what I'm asking from all of you. I just feel so lost.

OH man, I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma. I'm not educated enough on it to give an opinion on the matter but I wouldn't judge you for making such a critical decision.

I hope that whatever you decide you come to peace with your decision.

Best wishes!

Oh man :/

I have no advice I just want this post bumped and to say I'm thinking of you.

I'm really sorry that you are in this situation. I know that the risks associated with Zika exposure in pregnancy are real, serious, and also not well understood. I'm not sure what I would do in your shoes, but I have to admit that I would give some serious thought to ending the pregnancy IF I tested positive for Zika. Although, depending on how far along you are, I am guessing they could tell via ultrasound and other testing methods whether the baby has any obvious birth defects like microcephaly? Just try to take it one day at a time and cross that bridge if you come to it.

Thinking of you!

Oh dear what a nightmare! I hope things turn out okay with your test results :(

Sorry you have to go through this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back