Eden for a girl - UK please

phoebemum

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Been on here quite a bit recently but only have 6 weeks to go and am a bit undecided.

DD is called Phoebe. I'm having another :pink: bundle and have decided against Tegan which was my first choice.

Thinking I will now go with Eden. I love it. (Only other name I love is Zoe but too popular now I think).

A couple of people I mentioned it to said it was a boys name??!!

I could never name my little boy Eden so looking for opinions.

Is Eden more of a girls name.

UK only please, names are obviously different in varying countries.

Thanks ladies xxx

I think it's a lovely name but I've never heard of It for a little girl. I work in a nursery and look after a little boy called Eden x

I work in a nursery and I have only came across one Eden I love the name

My daughter is called Eden. She's 14. We know of two other girl Eden's ( not personallly though) we love the name very much and still feel it's really special!

It is Unisex- I know a man called Eden and 2 little girls called Eden. I personally think its more of a girly name than a boys, its very pretty. I would definitely use it for a girl x

My two boys were born and when I got pregnant with baby number 3 I was so desperate for a girl. We'd always disagreed over names and were getting nowhere. One saturday morning we went to the library and took out a book called 3000 world names. As we got into the car the book fell open and both Oh and I saw the name at the same time and that was that. we looked at each other and said Eden. We went back into the library and took the book straight back.

I love love love it! Very pretty. I personally don't think i've ever met an Eden, but I know there's a chelsea player with the first name. Although I see it working for both boy and girl, if not more a girl! I think Phoebe and Eden work perfectly together!

I love it! It's on my list for a girl but oh isn't so keen as he thinks it's a boys name (because of the footballer) :-( i think it's such a pretty name though.

Thank you very much ladies, I really appreciate all the replies xx

I know two baby girl eden's, I see it much more as a feminine name. X

I think it sounds more feminine than masculine! I would always shorten Eden to 'ede' or 'edie' naturally, which I think sounds more girly than boy! It's lovely either way :)

My sister suggested Eden to me if I have a boy, but I think it sounds very feminine!

When I hear the word Eden, I think of flowers and gardens soo personally I associate it to being a girls name. I also was speaking about this at work today and all the girls I work with agreed!!

I know two Eden's too who are also girls! I think it's very feminine, as a previous poster mentioned, it kind of makes me think of gardens and flowers. It's such a lovely name!

My daughter is called Eden. She's 14. We know of two other girl Eden's ( not personallly though) we love the name very much and still feel it's really special!

Thank you.

Do you find people comment on her name? Just wondered what people's first impressions of it were.

x

Thanks so much everyone.

Looks like more than most think it's definitely a more feminine name.

Pretty sure thats her name now but just have to get over the funny looks people will give us.

It happened when we were going to call our first Eden and that's what put me off.

Think Ill just have to keep her name quiet until she's born :haha: xx

Eden is a beautiful name, I really like it and imo is deffo a girls name. You have good taste in names, Phoebe is my all time favourite girls name :flower:

Eden is a beautiful name.

Im not from the UK, but I dont think excluding other countries (especially English speaking ones) is necessary anymore. We live in a global village now. My best friend is from Liverpool and we met in Australia. I think travel and communication technology will be even bigger in our baby's generation than it was in ours. ;) But thats just my two cents. Only wanted to say its a lovely name.

Eden is a beautiful name, I really like it and imo is deffo a girls name. You have good taste in names, Phoebe is my all time favourite girls name :flower:

Thank you very much! X

all the Edens i know are girls... cant imagine a boy called Eden

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"