Eden for a girl - UK please

My daughter is called Eden. She's 14. We know of two other girl Eden's ( not personallly though) we love the name very much and still feel it's really special!

Thank you.

Do you find people comment on her name? Just wondered what people's first impressions of it were.

x

When we first said it to people, noone had heard of it.
Some elderly ladies have miss heard in the past and thought we'd named her after a big red round cheese!
One old man said to me is it because you like gardening?
The name means perfection and for us it was perfection when we had a little girl after the two boys.
normally the comment is "oh Eden, that's a pretty name"
She's never had issues at school. So many children are given interesting names now a days that anything goes.

Definitely girls name! Would never dream of naming a boy Eden. I met a little girl once called Eden and she was lovely! I think it's a beautiful name xx

My daughter is called Eden. She's 14. We know of two other girl Eden's ( not personallly though) we love the name very much and still feel it's really special!

Thank you.

Do you find people comment on her name? Just wondered what people's first impressions of it were.

x

When we first said it to people, noone had heard of it.
Some elderly ladies have miss heard in the past and thought we'd named her after a big red round cheese!
One old man said to me is it because you like gardening?
The name means perfection and for us it was perfection when we had a little girl after the two boys.
normally the comment is "oh Eden, that's a pretty name"
She's never had issues at school. So many children are given interesting names now a days that anything goes.

Thank you, your comments have really helped me make up my mind.

Hubby said yesterday what a pretty girls name it is so I'm pretty sure it's decided.

Hopefully hormones won't take over and make me change my mind again hehe xx

Eden is a beautiful name.

Im not from the UK, but I dont think excluding other countries (especially English speaking ones) is necessary anymore. We live in a global village now. My best friend is from Liverpool and we met in Australia. I think travel and communication technology will be even bigger in our baby's generation than it was in ours. ;) But thats just my two cents. Only wanted to say its a lovely name.

Thanks for your opinion. I appreciate that we live in a "global village" now but the popularity/gender/opinion on names can differ widely in many places.

There are names which have quite clearly been extremely popular in Australia/America etc for years but a UK mother wouldn't dare name her child that!

Thanks though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->