Edmontonians?

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
Anyone out there, thought I'd ask... It's now 6 weeks shy of when I originally posted this thread!!!

I have a 15 month old daughter and am 5 weeks pregnant right now.... Hoping to touch bases with some other mommies/ mommies to be in the Edmonton area. Maybe some coffee get togethers or some thing??

*goes to look on map*

i have no idea where tht is :rofl:

My cousins live in Edmonton, and a friend has just moved to Calgary (I think that's near you?:blush:), but sorry, I'm way across the pond!:dohh:

:hi:

I'm in Edmonton. Wow, didn't think I'd meet someone thats in the same city :rofl:

I live over by Londonderry Mall, what about you?

Yeah? I do too... it's 6 blocks away from me... Nice to meet you :)

Edmonton is in Alberta, Canada. And yep, Calgary is about 3 hours away by car

Thats crazy :rofl:

Didn't expect to meet someone in the same city, let alone someone thats probably a few blocks away from me. Nice to meet you too :hi:

Well unfortunately I don´t live in Canada - would do given half a chance - but I have been to Edmonton twice on holiday - the West Edmonton Mall, is fabby!!

I'm from Calgary :D

p.s... Flames are better MWUAHAHAHAHAH

Well, I just moved here in May from Vancouver so.... I don't have any team loyalties yet :) Tho I am definitely pleased to meet some other members in my neck of the woods. I was never much of a mall person tho I am getting used to the "big mall" it is pretty cool and has a ton of stores, plus when the weather sucks I can still go for a pretty good walk.

ew why would u move to Deadmonton?? No offense to all the edmontonians. I so hate it there lol and thats not just because Im from calgary. The roads confuse me. And I love the mountains down here :)

How do you like it in Alberta so far Sweetie??

Yeah, its nice having west edmonton mall around. If you're really bored you know theres something that you can do there. :happydance:

Turbo~ Thats the same reason why I don't like Calgary lol, the roads are just so confusing and all the industrial stuff is icky. I love your Zoo though! Going this summer for sure after the baby is born.

hm I think the confusing roads depends on which part of the city you're in :) You should come down for the Calgary Stampede. Its a rockin good time!!! Lots of fun especially the Grand Stand. Nothing can compare!

Yeah, its nice having west edmonton mall around. If you're really bored you know theres something that you can do there. :happydance:

Turbo~ Thats the same reason why I don't like Calgary lol, the roads are just so confusing and all the industrial stuff is icky. I love your Zoo though! Going this summer for sure after the baby is born.

Ha ha, had to laugh at that. My Auntie lives just outside Calgary and took us into Calgary so we could go up the tower. Finding our way to the tower was no probs, cos we just kept the tower in sight and parked underneath. Coming back out, the one way system sent us in a different direction or we missed our turning and we ended up driving around for ages til we found the Highway sign to get us home.

At one point she recognised a restaurant she had been to once and was like "Oh I´ve been there", so we´re like, "Great, so you know where we are now?" and she´s like " er no, I just recognised the restaurant" !!!

My Auntie has lived over there for years and still has trouble finding her way around!!! In the end we bought her a little compass for the car dashboard, so she at least knows if she´s heading in the right direction!!!

I'm loving Edmonton, it has all the big city stuff and almost none of the stuffiness of Vancouver. I've only managed to get myself really lost once, I called the OH for help getting home. Other than that once I had the highways figured out it's pretty much been smooth sailing tho I haven't driven a lot since it has snowed.

I still haven't tried a lot of the "visitor stuff" I'd like to get out more this summer and do those things. We tend to get out of the city 2-3 nights a week with fishing, hiking and stuff, so it hasn't been too bad.

With our winter trip to the coast this year I'm starting to realize that I miss the water.

I went to Calgary once for a work meeting, we stayed the night and I got to walk around downtown a bit. I remember this one place that was a bunch of kinda steep stone stairs down and they make these wicked good ceasar's, other than that I didn't get to see too much.

Ha ha, had to laugh at that. My Auntie lives just outside Calgary and took us into Calgary so we could go up the tower. Finding our way to the tower was no probs, cos we just kept the tower in sight and parked underneath. Coming back out, the one way system sent us in a different direction or we missed our turning and we ended up driving around for ages til we found the Highway sign to get us home.

At one point she recognised a restaurant she had been to once and was like "Oh I´ve been there", so we´re like, "Great, so you know where we are now?" and she´s like " er no, I just recognised the restaurant" !!!

My Auntie has lived over there for years and still has trouble finding her way around!!! In the end we bought her a little compass for the car dashboard, so she at least knows if she´s heading in the right direction!!!

Thats too funny:rofl:, its terrible being lost there :dohh:

I guess I am biased because I was born and raised here :) This is my home. I hate it to death but it's my home lol.

I guess I am biased because I was born and raised here :) This is my home. I hate it to death but it's my home lol.

Awww :hugs:
I think we all are when it comes to our home town, I kind of have two hehe. I was born in LA and moved to Edmonton when I was 3. And I hate/love both of them :dohh:

I was born and raised in Edmonton, but now I'm up in Fort mcmurray. I miss home so much! Hopefully we'll be back one day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->