Eeeep!!

Good idea thanks. The problem is that he's an only child and thinks that's fine

Oh that is difficult! Maybe you could be really sneaky and ask him what things he resented or struggled with being an only child, say that you want to prepare for things that might come up with your LO and maybe that will make him think about the downsides of being an only child!

He always had his cousins around him. I'm tying not to mention the baby thing at all at the moment to give him some breathing space, it's hard though

He always had his cousins around him. I'm tying not to mention the baby thing at all at the moment to give him some breathing space, it's hard though

Flip flop, my Dh is exactly the same. We are only wtt but he says he only wants us to have 1. He is an only child ( his mum wanted to have more but couldn't for medical reasons) and he grew up with loads of cousins around which is lovely but I'm 1 of 3 and love that my childhood memories mostly all have my siblings in them. Also, my sister has a lovely little boy but they live 3 hours away so not near enough to make up for a sibling. Really hope your dh and mine change their minds!

Flip flop, my Dh is exactly the same. We are only wtt but he says he only wants us to have 1. He is an only child ( his mum wanted to have more but couldn't for medical reasons) and he grew up with loads of cousins around which is lovely but I'm 1 of 3 and love that my childhood memories mostly all have my siblings in them. Also, my sister has a lovely little boy but they live 3 hours away so not near enough to make up for a sibling. Really hope your dh and mine change their minds!

My dh has a cousin too but thy live over an hr away.

Do you think you'll change his mind?

Really not sure. Will be happy to have 1 but am sure will start to want another. Don't think he will change his mind but you never know. Do you think your dh will change his? How old is your LO? Maybe as he gets older dh will see a playmate would be nice.

I always thought id be having more than 1. Although after ds was born I said never again for a while.

Ds is 2 now. I've made him agree that there will be a second just not yet. It's really hard waiting though.

Littlelily I hope your DH comes around to 2!
Flip Flop it is great that yours has agreed to an eventual 2nd :). Waiting is so hard but it will be worth it :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->