Effect of Stress on TTC / Vent

StarryEyed88

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to get some views on the effect of TTC and have a little vent at the same time.
Hubby and I have been TTC for 7 months / 5 cycles with irregular cycles which by itself is stressful enough. Over the weekend I got my peak OPK on the clear blue digi so based on that I assumed I O'd yesterday or today.
Last night we had the in laws over and early on in our relationship our relationship with MIL was strained at best. When we moved into our house a little over a year ago the relationship improved dramatically and especially when my relationship with my parents broke down.
However after last night unbeknownst to me, MIL was furious. Myself and hubby received a msg each detailing how offended she was and saying some pretty horrid things. I take things quite personally and even though I know she has her own issues that have caused this and we are just the scapegoats, I can't help but feel extremely overwhelmed. For me at this point there is no going back. The stress of it is literally making me feel like my insides are burning.
I just wanted to know if we still have a chance of conceiving this cycle. It's my first cycle O'ing so early for a change - and I was so happy and now I feel like it's just another wasted cycle.

I'm sorry for the vent I just realllly needed to get this off my chest.

Thanks for reading xx

Extreme stress can delay ovulation but if you have already had your peak I'd say it's too late for stress to cause any issues. The cycle I got my bfp DH lost his job, I got taken into hospital with quinsy, my children all became ill with strep throat, we needed major house repairs and mil got taken into hospital the day I got out of hospital. It was a horrible week but it clearly didn't affect ovulation as we still got a bfp. Try not to worry too much.

Thanks so much for your reply. It really means a lot.
Sorry you had all that stress too!! And of course congrats!!

I would just try to stay positive and work to put this out of your mind and focus on yourselves and not her. Stress can sometimes delay ovulation or mess around with a cycle but humans are pretty resilient and it won't keep you from getting pregnant (all other things being fine).

We had a similar stressful time with family this year and I got pregnant easily twice. We found out in December that MIL's new husband (recently married, not my husband's dad) is a convicted paedophile who spent time in prison for assaulting a child in his own family. MIL knowingly brought him around our daughter and wasn't honest with us that she knew this. After we confronted her, she decided she would no longer have any relationship with our daughter (whose 4, old enough to know her and have built a relationship with her) unless her partner was allowed to be around her as well. We were like, uh, no, absolutely not. It led to a lot of nastiness on their part and has completely fractured the whole family. It's the worst and most stressful thing I've ever been through in my life. Though my daughter has always been safe (no unsupervised contact with him, we don't really see them much anyway), it was more the stress of all the what if's and just their general lack of concern for putting her in a situation that might not have turned out as well as it luckily did. But anyway it didn't affect my fertility any.

The first pregnancy was a mmc but just one of those genetic things you can't control, stress had nothing to do with it. I got pregnant right away again after. If anything my cycles were more regular even than with my daughter. It's horrible to be going through something like that and also the stress of ttc but it doesn't necessarily mean it will have any impact. Hopefully that's the case for you too.

What helped me honestly has just been ignoring it. I know it's not our fault and we've handled a difficult situation the best we could, but there came a point when I couldn't let it control my life anymore and that's been very freeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->