Effexor/Venlafaxine During Pregnancy

KatieL11

Reaction score
Hello!

Has anyone taken a low dose of the snri Effexor & had a healthy pregnancy & baby? I have read horror stories about people on crazy high doses...but I've also read of people having no complications from taking it during pregnancy, having totally healthy babies. I was on Effexor (75 mg) for about 8 months and it was a God send for me with my panic disorder (I have panic attacks as well as CONSTANT anxiety symptoms that make me unable to go to most stores, restaurants, etc. & even feel crappy at home). It is the only thing that makes me feel normal, besides Xanax, but I weaned off it about 3 months ago as I didn't want it in my system while ttc or during pregnancy. Now that I'm off it I can't go most places and feel "off" and have symptoms all the time, all day everyday basically. I commited to not taking it clearly, as I've been suffering through this for months & am not even pregnant yet & still refuse to take it. My husband & I will go discuss this with OB soon, but I am hoping to find people who have had positive (or negative) experiences on a low dose of Effexor during pregnancy. I would be fine taking the lowest dose, 37.5 mg. Would also love to hear what anyones dr had to say about taking it (in a low dose) if any of you have spoken to someone about it. I would love to be able to take it & have my life back & have a happy, healthy pregnancy...but the health of my (future) baby is most important obviously.

Any input would be SO GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Katie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"