Egg fried rice masterminds

TwilightAgain

LTW for our LO <3
Reaction score
How do you cook yours? Do you scramble your eggs first and then add to the rice, or do you just add the egg mixture to the rice and then scramble?

I used left over rice, use soy sauce and put it in a really hot wok. I still for the life of me cannot get it anywhere like the takeaway place does, mine remains sticky!

I fry the rice before cooking it, never had sticky rice. what type of rice do you use? Long grain needs more water, short grain needs 1-1.

I fry 1 onion finely chopped with 1 clove of minced garlic in sesame oil & sunflower oil, then I add the rice, fry it on high until really dry, add 2 tbsp of soy sauce, fry it for 2 more mins, then I add water, cook it on high until dry then reduce fire. Cook it for 15 mins, then add eggs. I prefer to fry eggs separately, then add it to the rice along with the pre-cooked veggies.

If you're using pre-cooked rice, fry it on high, then add the fried eggs, don't add onions but you can still add garlic. Add the soy sauce after frying the rice & you need to add oil to fry the rice to get rid of the moisture.

When I cook the eggs I kind of scramble it when it starts to get dry, I only add seasoning without milk xx

I use boil in the bag rice and fry the rice first then I make a space in the middle of the rice and add the whisked egg. I mix the egg about and when is starting to cook I mix in the rice.
I love egg fried rice

Scramble eggs before mixing them into fried rice - always used to get sticky mush before i did this.

I cook and cool the rice, then fry it with soy sauce until it's warmed through, then push it to one side of the wok to make room for the egg and fry that until it's taken on colour. Then scramble it up and mix it through the rice, and heat through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->