eggs and wheat

1st_baby

Max is 6 months and 2 weeks today ..

yesterday we went over to a friends house and slept over ..for breakfast max had his jar which was " oatmeal with egg and ham" he loves it and has been getting for 2 weeks now and my friend yelled at me saying i was an irrisponsible mom for feeding him eggs at 6 months ??? I know that only gges is not recomended but a tiny bit in his food wont hurt him right ?

also his cereal is wheat and mixed fruits she also yelled at me for this ? I thought it was ok to give after 6 months :dohh:

I thought it was ok, too. And you can get a little jar of egg custard here for 4+ months, so I would think it would be fine . . .

Eggs are fine from 6month, but if there is a history of egg allergies in your family, it's better to wait. Babies can be allergic to eggs and can suffer from strong symptoms... I think that's why some people decide to wait on giving eggs.

You also have to make sure they're throughly cooked. xx

Actually you are to avoid egg whites until the one year mark for a baby. The egg they are getting in their foods and custards are egg yolks.

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/eggs.htm

As for the wheat, most of our 6 month + cereals here all include wheat. I know this because I've struggled to find flavoured ones without wheat. I'm allergic to wheat so we are trying to avoid my son having the same allergy. I even bought the one with mixed berries and was excited to feed it to him but I'm not allowed :-(

why would you not be allowed to feed the Mixed berrie one ? max has his cereal (wheat with raspberries and banana ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->