Eggs

samsugar7

1 Son + 5yr step daughter
Reaction score
Ok im not sure if this is where i should post but OH and me are NTNP for #2. After that i want to be steralised (many reasons its just right for me)

I am seriously thinking about donating eggs to give someone else the same chance at happyness i have had. As after being steralised i wont need them :haha: and id love to help someone.

I know there are lots of tests and things to go through first but at 26 (i will be then) am i mad??? I thought you ladies would give me a better idea of if you think im utterly insane and / or if a woman unable to have children would accept young eggs!!!!

Sorry not sure if this is making much sence.

:hugs:

Hey

I think it's a very nice thing to do - if you do go ahead then you will need a lot of tests and also counselling - with egg donation you could can still end up with that knock on the door in 18 years time as it's not anonymous.

If you are keen, i'd look on the HFEA website and find a clinic that does donor eggs close to you and then take it from there. If you were suitable then it would involve medication with side effects and not to mention sedation or a GA for egg collection. IVF is very invasive and for some people it can result in OHSS which could mean you end up in hospital.

Good luck with your research! x

Thank you. Ill have a good look into it. xx

If my BMI can get under 30 then I will definately be looking at egg donation once I have finished breast feeding.
Apart from my weight i'm really healthy and if approved I'd love to give another woman the chance to exprience this lovely thing that is pregnancy and have their own little bubs!
There's never enough eggs and they always want donors, that's what first made me think about it a couple of years ago. As for the possible contact in 18 years time, I'd find that quite exciting if the child wanted it and if not then I don't think I'd worry too much either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->