Eggs??

jiggerlypuff

Reaction score
all I want to eat at the moment is boiled eggs that are runny with soilders, but I can't remember if I have to be careful when it comes to eating eggs?
advice pls???

I Personally would avoid runny eggs.. More information here..

https://www.nhs.uk/Planners/pregnancycareplanner/pages/Carewithfood.aspx

Hard boiled is the advice unfortunately :(

I'm dying for a runny egg.

My wife has eaten runny (over easy) eggs for weeks now, and hasn't had any problems, although ours are farm fresh from our own chickens, not sure if that makes the difference.

No runny eggs is what my book says - risk of salmonella/listeria? I'd love a runny fried egg sandwich with brown sauce :(

That's why we're not to eat homemade mayonnaise too. I was wondering about squishy chocolate brownies, I suppose they are uncooked in the middle hence the texture? And also carbonara?

Unfortunately the others are correct. Runny is out. I am dying for some over easy eggs on toast. ~*~sigh~*~

yep boiled only for now:nope:

I have start to write a menu for everything I would eat if I could. It changes day to day but helps me deal with the need.

good quality eggs i beleive arent too much of a problem. i know eggs like clarence court eggs come from chickens that are vaccinated i wouldnt do it every day but if the craving just wouldnt go then id have one.

in the UK so long as they are Lion stamped they should be ok but its up to you, the risk is small from one egg but the consequences are potentially disasterous

theres a sticky link in the top of pregnancy club that has a do/dont food list

I've been eating lots of eggs cos doc and mw said that they're good for the baby!
I just fry mine and then turn them over before I dish up so that the yolk is still a bit runny but the white is completely cooked all the way through!
It's raw egg whites that are the really dangerous bit, UK lion stamped eggs with runnyish yolks should be fine though

After all this chat I just had a huge omelette with loads of cheddar and Philadelphia on it. Nomnomnomnomnom! All cooked, and all tasty. :) x

thx for all the advice, I'm dying for runny eggs but have decided to avoid for the moment as still under 12 weeks, why is it when ur pregnant you always want what you can't have!! lol

I have had dippy eggs and soilders just make sure the white is cooked and not slimey, i wouldnt have it everyday but occasionally isnt gonna hurt and as for fried eggs like one of the other girls said i just flip it over tillthe tops cooked but still runny in the middle !

Hi

My midwife told me runny eggs are fine as long as they are "salmonella-free" and I found this link below ...

https://www.netmums.com/food/Eggs_for_breakfast_lunch_amp;_supper.300/

Buy Lion stamped eggs - these are inoculated against salmonella.
Buy and eat very fresh eggs - the longer eggs hang around the more any salmonella bugs present will multiply.
Store eggs in the fridge after purchase.
Avoid cracked and dirty eggs.
Cook eggs thoroughly especially for children under school age.

I think the point about eggs (and products that may potentially have eggs in like coleslaw) is that they must be pasturised...pasturisation takes place at 142 degrees for 3 and a half minutes or 5 for jumbo eggs. Given that eggs begin to cook at 160 degrees, and scramble at 180 degrees, they therefore don't need to be hard boiled all the way through and can appear raw actually but still pasturised and free of bacteria such as salmonella. I've recently eaten homemade ice-cream made with "raw eggs", and also poached with a soft middle....yummy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->