Elected Section after emergency one

clairylou78

Reaction score
Hi
I just found out im pregnant early days 8 weeks but had emergency section after 36 hour labour with my son 3 years ago wondering will i be automaticly offered a section this time i think i would prefer it otherwise im going to be worrying about labour after first experience
x

I was offered one and took it, but I think it depends where you live? Some countries (e.g the UK) seem to be more pro VBAC than others.

If you are in the UK it depends on your hospital

I had an emergency section with my first and my consultant is happy for me to have an elective this time.xx

My hospital are very big on trying to persuade women to VBAC if possible, it was even in my consultant's letter to my GP after the birth of my daughter! However, I'm sure it's something you can discuss with your particular care team x

I'm having an elective with this one my 2nd after 1st emergency. You are given the choice and bear in mind that after 2 sections you can't do a VBAC. Doesn't bother me though!

I had no trouble requesting my section, they pretty much said it was my right as I had already had one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->