Elective Section - When Did You Have Yours?

bethanchloe

Reaction score
Helloo,

I've been reading up as much as I possibly can about caesareans at the mo, despite already having had one but having no idea what went on there.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you lot who have already had electives (UK based preferably - sorry!) could tell me at what gestation they were planned? I know this varies due to reasons for the section so if you could share this too I'd be really grateful.

The guidelines I've been reading have all said, unless problems/reason presented, it should be after 39 weeks but just wondering what people's actual experiences were.

In a dream world, I'll be allowed an elective at around 40 weeks+ but we'll see :)

Thanks xx

I had my C-section at 39wks with my daughter. It's standard policy by my OB to do the section 1wk before due date.

I was having a hard time towards the end of my pregnancy and tried to convince him to do it at 37wks and he said he'd only do it if I underwent an amniocentesis so it could be determined if baby's lungs were mature enough. I declined and waited it out.

I'm 10wks now and my OB has already give me my unofficial date at 39wks 1day. (Since 39wks is on a Sunday).

Mine is booked for 39 weeks.x

Sounds like the 39th week will be offered to me too then, once I convince them that they're definitely going to give me one haha!

My CS was at 39+2, I got my date about 2 wks before this as DD was breech.

Mine is 39 weeks got the date at 34 week app :flower:

Thanks for all your help - I'm hoping they'll just agree with me and give me what I want but I guess we'll have to see. Even if I don't get a date til 34 weeks I won't mind as long as they agree to it before then haha!! x

Mine was done at 39+1. It was for physical/psychological issues on my part, no issue with the baby or position or anything like that. My date was booked at my 36 week antenatal appointment. We chose 39+1 as that was a Friday, and so the next available day would've been the Monday (39+4). I went into labour at 39+5 with my first, so the Monday felt a bit close for comfort. Turns out that was absolutely the right decision, as my waters broke as I walked into theatre :rofl:

I had mine at 34 weeks due to IUGR. They only told me on the Friday I'd be going in on the Monday x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->