Elective section

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
Last time I ended up with an emergency section, this time I'm planning on opting for an elective section, usually how long before due date do they admit you?

I got mine done at 39 weeks 2 days
In Ireland they wont do it before 39 weeks unless bub is in danger

Ok thanks, my daughters birthday is exactly a week before my due date!

Aw hope u get to celebrate it with her xx

My OB starts at 39, absolutely nothing sooner without a medical emergency, and requires by 40. I had an EMCS, failed VBAC/RCS, and this is my first ELCS. It's supposed to be at 39+4.

It's usually 39 weeks, to give the baby's lungs time to develop. I had two of my elective caesareans at 38 weeks though due to anxiety X

I had my elective after a previous emcs. I was booked in at 39 weeks, they do it then due to lung development xx

I had Sophie by elective at 39+2. Emma was booked in for 39+0 but there was some sort of scheduling error so it was changed to 38+6 at the last minute.

I was told between 39 and 40 weeks. I'm hoping for it to be as near to 40 weeks as possible to let baby fully develop

I was booked in at 39 weeks but my waters went at 38+1. They told me I was to have steroids for little ones lungs but contractions started so was taken down for a "quick but still elective" section. x

Seems the average is a week before due date, it's my daughters birthday a week before my due date!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->